Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Atmosphere.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 348 Guests

Atmosphere.

This thread currently has 8,322 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
fiveallive
November 4, 2014, 12:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
The last time i remember really good atmosphere was in the game against Lincoln in 2012 i think Lian Hearn scored a couple all game was Scoot & Hurst black white army all game it was good but i was in the thick of Pontoon side that sing, i normally go in the Lower Findus Stand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 61
ivanosandwich
November 4, 2014, 1:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Meza
Some interesting comments and points.  I mainly go in the upper findus with me old man I use to be in the pontoon during the Buckley years for me it was the main stand for singing your heart out but this was before seating was introduced.   Now im in the upper findus there is no one initiating the singing and normally follows when the ponny sings.  Another thing to bare in mind is the stands and ponny have an a mixture of different ages.  Some fans go to see their beloved town and are not interested in singing, and some do. I have even witnessed a fan in the upper trying to initiate the singing only to be told to shut up and sit down which I couldn't believe.

I don't know what the answer is but the decline through the years seems to have taken its toll on fans where they no longer feel enthusiastic about singing and chanting only the young ones that haven't witnessed the years of turmoil.

So maybe if we get promoted or are top of the league im sure BP my rock once more.

Yes I saw that, shortly after he was told to shut up, he disassembled a flag to a point where it no longer could be deemed to be dangerous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Atmosphere.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.