Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Atmosphere.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 143 Guests

Atmosphere.

This thread currently has 8,286 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
JMT
November 1, 2014, 6:14pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
Got to say it felt alot more positive today in the upper findus and the pontoon making some noise is what i like to see!

So if we can keep this going it's proved to be helpful.

so lets get behind the lads and make some noise for the boys!
Logged Offline
Private Message
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 1, 2014, 6:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
I was expecting a Russ abbot tribute there

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 61
headingly_mariner
November 1, 2014, 7:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
I thought it was dreadful, just waiting for something to happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 61
Nelly GTFC
November 1, 2014, 7:19pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Lower Smiths is dreadful, it's like an audience in a Snooker match.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 61
November 1, 2014, 7:56pm
Guest User
I personally think it was the opposite, an awful atmosphere and has been the same for along time. I have seen some videos of Lincoln fans on youtube and despite there not being many of them they make a good atmosphere regardless of who they are playing.
Reply: 4 - 61
CambsMariner
November 1, 2014, 8:14pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +129
I think the reason for the atmosphere is the fans aren't sure how to react. The moaners, who always used to make the most noise now have nothing much to moan about and the supporters who want to get behind the team are nervous in case we revert back to the team we were at home a few weeks ago. Along with there being so few away supporters they have nothing to bounce off. But the good times are coming back to Blundell Park and the noise will get louder the more the fans gain confidence in the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 61
November 1, 2014, 8:31pm
Guest User
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Agree, I thought it was flat as a pancake.
Not often I feel inhibited to shout "Come on Town !" although to be fair, it did pick up.
I guess it'll be a different story in the FA Cup.
Well I hope so !  
Reply: 6 - 61
November 1, 2014, 8:35pm
Guest User
Quoted from CambsMariner
I think the reason for the atmosphere is the fans aren't sure how to react. The moaners, who always used to make the most noise now have nothing much to moan about and the supporters who want to get behind the team are nervous in case we revert back to the team we were at home a few weeks ago.

Maybe you're right.
I just wonder if it's more a case of expecting the win and people can't get as excited about it..
Got to admit it though, we do have a lot of older supporters and those who just prefer to watch.
In contrast, the Ponny certainly played their part.
Reply: 7 - 61
northbankmariner
November 1, 2014, 8:57pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
I was in the lower smiths today and here was no atmosphere at all , nothing felt from the upper either. Main stand has always been quiet which leaves just a few in the ponny trying to give it a go. But realistically just how much atmosphere can be created in a ground that's two thirds empty and not many away fans to verbally spar with. The game today was pleasingly too comfortable today to get excited about to be honest.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 61
November 1, 2014, 9:00pm
Guest User
I really don't think this is something unique to Blundell Park...sign of the times I'm afraid.
Reply: 9 - 61
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Atmosphere.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.