sutton mariner
October 29, 2014, 1:55pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from GTFCNiles

Why? Looking at their policies I can see why they are taking votes.

Return Power to the UK

• A vote for UKIP is a vote to leave the EU and recover power over our national life.

• Free trade, but not political union, with our European neighbours. We are the EU’s largest export market: they depend on us for jobs - not the other way around.

• Binding local and national referenda, at the public’s request, on major issues.

Protect Our Borders

• Regain control of our borders and of immigration - only possible by leaving the EU.

• Immigrants must financially support themselves and their dependents for 5 years. This means private health insurance (except emergency medical care), private education and private housing - they should pay into the pot before they take out of it.

• A points-based visa system and time-limited work permits.

• Proof of private health insurance must be a precondition for immigrants and tourists to enter the UK.

Rebuild Prosperity

• Save £55m a day in membership fees by leaving the EU and give British workers first crack at the 800,000 jobs we currently advertise to EU workers.

• No tax on the minimum wage.

• Enrol unemployed welfare claimants onto community schemes or retraining workfare programmes.

• Scrap HS2, all green taxes and wind turbine subsidies.

• Develop shale gas to reduce energy bills and free us from dependence on foreign oil and gas - place the tax revenues into a British Sovereign Wealth Fund.

• UKIP will abolish inheritance tax. Inheritance tax brings in under £4bn - less than a third of what we spend on foreign aid. The super-rich avoid it, while modest property owners get caught by it. It hits people during a time of grief and UKIP will budget in its 2015 spending plans to completely abolish this unfair death tax.

• Make cuts to foreign aid that are real and rigorous.

Safeguard Against Crime

• No cuts to front line policing.

• Make sentences mean what they say.

• No votes for prisoners - that’s what losing your liberty means.

• Prevent foreign criminals entering the UK - by re-introducing border controls that the EU forced us to abandon.

• Scrap the European Arrest Warrant, which sends British citizens to foreign jails without evidence, just to answer questions - replace it with a proper extradition system.

• Remove the UK from the jurisdiction of the European Court of Human Rights.

Care And Support For All

• Open GP surgeries in the evening, for full-time workers, where there is demand.

• Locally-elected County Health Boards to inspect hospitals - to avoid another Stafford Hospital crisis.

• Prioritise social housing for people whose parents and grandparents were born locally.

• Allow the creation of new grammar schools.

• Make welfare a safety net for the needy, not a bed for the lazy. Benefits only available to those who have lived here for over 5 years.

Free Speech and Democracy

• No to Political Correctness - it stifles free speech.

• The law of the land must apply to us all. We oppose any other system of law.

• Teach children positive messages and pride in their country. We want to unite through better integration.

UKIP is a patriotic party that believes in putting Britain first. Only UKIP will return self-government to the British people.

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 93
gytone
October 29, 2014, 2:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,019
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from arryarryarry

Erm, you could say the same thing about all the other political parties, remember "no tution fees", " a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty" "British jobs for British workers".

They are all a bunch of lying illegitimates and will say anything to get elected.

Exactly why they will do well, because all the other parties lie through their back teeth.....me I probably wont vote
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 93
tashee69
October 29, 2014, 2:29pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +958
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from gytone

Exactly why they will do well, because all the other parties lie through their back teeth.

And they don't !! I heard a story about a ideal grand new stadium for the mariners in a place that stinks (in more ways than one)  

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 93
RoboCod
October 29, 2014, 2:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Maringer
Farage makes me laugh. He gets his name from a Huguenot ancestor who fled to Britain from France (ooh, immigrant!) and has somehow managed to persuade lots of voters that he is a 'man of the people'.

Getting yourself photographed in pubs with a pint does not make you a man of the people, especially if you're a wealthy former public schoolboy and commodities trader.

He makes me laugh. Gets asked a question gives an honest answer. The papers/opposition make a deal of it, he's slaughtered, his poll ratings go up the next day.
Says more about the God awful corrupt, greedy and sleazy MP's we have here in the UK than anything else.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 93
tashee69
October 29, 2014, 3:18pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +958
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from RoboCod

Says more about the God awful corrupt, greedy and sleazy MP's we have here in the UK than anything else.

It's not true democracy without sleazy, corrupt and greedy politicians  
Forget which comedian said it but he said whoever wants to become an MP should automatically be banned from becoming one

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 93
arryarryarry
October 29, 2014, 3:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from tashee69

And they don't !! I heard a story about a ideal grand new stadium for the mariners in a place that stinks (in more ways than one)  

Not living in the town, is the fish meal factory still there?

I remember Wold Farm Foods being a bit pongy as well.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 93
arryarryarry
October 29, 2014, 3:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
I would also add, what about that land to the north of the A180 next to the new pub that has just been built near the business park.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 93
Mrs Doyle
October 29, 2014, 4:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
This as to be the most idiotic idea ever, i worked at Tioxide for years and depending on the wind direction you had the stench of the fishmeal plant or the stench of the sewerage works either way they were both horrendous. At least you wouldn't have to worry about on site food no fecker would feel hungry lol.     Seriously you also have a potentially high risk chemical Plt next door, a flood risk and  no commercial prospects  what so ever.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 93
October 29, 2014, 4:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Ukip would completely destroy the NHS, even further and faster than the Tories are trying to.

What about Labour you seem to of missed them out ? because under there disastrous watch privatiseing and selling the NHS off was well on the way.
To many people from Grimsby seem to forget what a total bunch of inept feeble male masturbators the Labour Party were whilst in power for 13 years, and they should never be left in charge ever again I'd give UKIP  a go just because I honestly don't believe they could be as bad as Labour.
Reply: 48 - 93
Mariner Ronnie
October 29, 2014, 4:22pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from arryarryarry
I would also add, what about that land to the north of the A180 next to the new pub that has just been built near the business park.

I wondered why that pub was there :/ maybe it's a sign!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 'NEC Arena-style' stadium for Tioxide site

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.