This thread currently has 1,787 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Billybigbollox
November 6, 2014, 8:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +2
Ive got many cup games as a kid i loved the cup Boro and Reading away stick out for me!!!!!
The fans were awesome as was the team........I wish my lad could one day have the same memories  
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
November 6, 2014, 8:50pm
Guest User
Went to Upton Park for the 1st leg after my mate dropped out.
Was flogging my ticket outside the ground to a Town fan who asked me "It's not a fookin' forgery is it ?"  
"No you'll be sat next to me mate" I said.
Never saw him again !

Never forget that night and the bloke who was facing us Town fans chanting "Sing your hearts out for the lads".

And think we needed to, cos they were all over us like a rash for long periods but we got the deserved replay.  
Which I sadly couldn't make being down in London.
Then was outside Stamford Bridge on the promise of a free ticket (that never showed) and heard the Chelsea cheers go up leaving the ground, walking back to the tube.
Gutted but what a cup run it was.
Reply: 11 - 13
Les Brechin
November 6, 2014, 9:35pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from 120797
Went to Upton Park for the 1st leg after my mate dropped out.
Was flogging my ticket outside the ground to a Town fan who asked me "It's not a fookin' forgery is it ?"  
"No you'll be sat next to me mate" I said.
Never saw him again !

Never forget that night and the bloke who was facing us Town fans chanting "Sing your hearts out for the lads".

And think we needed to, cos they were all over us like a rash for long periods but we got the deserved replay.  
Which I sadly couldn't make being down in London.
Then was outside Stamford Bridge on the promise of a free ticket (that never showed) and heard the Chelsea cheers go up leaving the ground, walking back to the tube.
Gutted but what a cup run it was.

It wasn't the first leg. It was the FA Cup, the game at BP was the replay.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
November 6, 2014, 9:58pm
Guest User
Game sorry, not sure what I was thinking !
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FA Cup Memories

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.