2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
October 27, 2014, 1:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,407
Gold Stars: 184
Handbrake is a video transcoder which can be set to use various codecs, but most people use it to convert files to MP4/AVC format.

The issue with the GTFC highlights is that the web platform is set to use a crappier codec than h.264/AVC. I'd imagine that it isn't the case that they aren't able to use a better codec, just that they won't (or perhaps their old web software doesn't support it).

Let's face it, the OS has been an absolute abomination of a site design ever since the PremierTV thing (or whatever it was called) was signed up to some years back. The newer design is, if anything, even worse than the old one.

The fact that a professional company providing a service to so many football clubs is either incapable (or more likely simply unwilling) to produce a capable site design still beggars belief!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
Fishymo
October 27, 2014, 2:13pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +3
Well its simple to fix if someone spent 5 mins looking into it. More people would sign up with higher quality vids.

Performgroup would win cos they wouldn't be storing as much on the server and GTFC would win too.

Everyones a winner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
arryarryarry
October 27, 2014, 4:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from denni266
I am sure if the club are paying for it, and the standard is poor/ not of good quality , they can do something about it , its just someone being bothered to do somert

I don't know if the club is actually "paying" for it I assume that the subscriptions are split between the club and Perform and possibly also the advertising revenue.

My source told me that if a club wanted to leave Perform before the end of the contract they would have to pay a hefty fee for doing so.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
BPMariner
October 27, 2014, 7:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: -61
Gold Stars: 6
I've just watched the Guiseley highlights and they are fine. Fishymo if you tell enough people they are of poor quality they will beleive you and not subscribe to MP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
Fishymo
October 28, 2014, 11:58am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +3
Better be quiet then shall I? How come you singled me out?

I'm pleased they are up to standard for you.  
Ignorance is bliss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Southwark Mariner
October 28, 2014, 4:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82

[img]http://puu.sh/cubHn/c0b7e29037.jpg[/img]

high detail

[img]http://puu.sh/cubtz/b83a53fe42.jpg[/img]

GTFC on low

[img]http://puu.sh/cubOw/3c0b35ec97.jpg[/img]

GTFC on high

I can't see any difference. Neither setting is particularly good but each club's is the same
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 28, 2014, 6:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Don't suppose these are YouTube yet are they?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › guiseley highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.