This thread currently has 5,249 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
LH
October 26, 2014, 10:56pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Build a clubhouse in one of the home corners. Bar, food, footy and strippers.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 58
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 27, 2014, 9:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
How about pre ordering food then for a bit of discount? Easiest way to do it and simple to coordinate. Maybe it's just the logistics of everything that causes the problems?? Too many people in a particular space at any one time?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 58
Paris Mariner
October 27, 2014, 10:41am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
How about pre ordering food then for a bit of discount? Easiest way to do it and simple to coordinate. Maybe it's just the logistics of everything that causes the problems?? Too many people in a particular space at any one time?

This was my idea of raising the idea now - it gives us time to gather info about how much the current caterers sell of pies, hot dogs, burgers and drinks roughly on a match day. We could ask people by conducting surveys prematch or ask the caterers directly. That way, when the proposal to prospective butchers and bakers is made we can give them a rough idea of how much we want, This has the double advantage of not over-buying initially and giving the said butcher or baker a realistic chance of know whether or not they have the man power and production capacity to produce an extra, say, 1000 buns or burgers every two weeks on average.

That is where the community angle comes in - if they need to produce so much more they need to employ an extra person this is good for club and community. it raises our profile and the idea that the club could become, and therefore the ground (as this is where the product would be sold and made for), an asset of community value. Something I think we should be aiming for as a Trust also, if not with BP, the new ground if we ever get one. My apologies if that has already been raised in the pamphlets the Trust sent around for the new ground proposal - as I don't live in the area, I haven't seen a pamphlet.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 58
Paris Mariner
October 27, 2014, 10:59am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Also, if we needed anymore proof about how much Kiddy's pies get people going - one of the pundits on the non-league show this week was raving about their shepherd's pies. That was on a national radio programme. Priceless advertising for their football club.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 53 - 58
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 27, 2014, 11:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Well, probably won't happen but am sure there could be a sponsorship opportunity too? Back of shirt sponsor??

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 58
KK_DOG
October 27, 2014, 11:47am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Apart from the catering, I would regularly use the trust bar and watch the early game if I didn't have to drive. Would be quite happy to come on a pedal cycle but there is nowhere to put it even if locked it would probably get nicked. There are no facilities for pedal cycles and it would be quite easy to pay a youngster a small fee to watch the bikes almost like a cloakroom system. Just another thought to throw in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 58
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 27, 2014, 11:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Look after your bike mister for a quid

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 58
KK_DOG
October 27, 2014, 12:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Look after your bike mister for a quid

Ahhhh, it's you that nicked my last bike

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 58
October 27, 2014, 2:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Too many people in a particular space at any one time?

Well I'm often put off queuing for Mariners Kitchen by the half time crush...
If there was another kiosk outlet outside perhaps.
How about the away/findus corner ?
Reply: 58 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Idea for the trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.