Paris Mariner
October 25, 2014, 1:52pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from rancido
I like the idea of a special beer with a name connected to the club. Willeys Bar in Cleethorpes has a micro brewery so the might be more approachable or maybe Tom Woods.

Or Batemans - Mr. Bateman is a Mariner! Again, I think you could just throw it out there to micro breweries in our catchment area. It would be in their interest too. Same agreement, we can sell your beer and pay you for it. Put up a sign, with their details in the bar - they, if they operate a pub, put up posters for home games.

On the thought of that we could also get together with art students at the college to produce funky match posters for people to download as a PDF from the OS, here or the Trust website to pin up in their local, place of work, school etc. Lewes FC have some great examples: http://www.lewesfc.com/match-day-posters/ In exchange the students in question get a GTFC headed letter acknowledging their work for the club from the Chairman (facilitated by the Trust) to go in their portfolio and good experience for their future employment.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 58
mariner83
October 25, 2014, 6:38pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Mmmm Pipers Crisps [url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-excited002.gif[/img][/url]

Something like this would get me buying food at the ground, as it is I can't remember the last time I bought anything from the kiosks.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 58
JMT
October 25, 2014, 6:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
Great idea! Wouldn't mind actually have a decent burger than some chewed up cardboard..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 58
MeanwoodMariner
October 25, 2014, 7:00pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Does anyone know the current set up regarding contracts for providing food? Would the Trust have to simply compete with the companies who currently provide the food?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 58
Wrawby_Mariner
October 25, 2014, 7:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
Does anyone know the current set up regarding contracts for providing food? Would the Trust have to simply compete with the companies who currently provide the food?

The contract still has more than a year to run I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 14 - 58
fleabag1970
October 25, 2014, 8:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
What a Great idea !! I  would certainly spend and extra 5/7 quid in the ground if the food was any good . It makes me laugh that i bet the away following come to BP to sample fish and chips and what do they end up with .............................

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 58
Paris Mariner
October 25, 2014, 8:12pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Approval: +809
If there is a contract of a year to run, this gives us plenty of time to plan, gather figures on average sales to give a better idea to potential suppliers and organise the arrangement/improve any facilities that need such work.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 58
MeanwoodMariner
October 25, 2014, 8:49pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
How about an bookies at the ground? Would need a bookmakers license but beyond that it's not too complicated. All the work to compile odds has been done by all the other bookies, would be simple enough to write some code to pull all those odds together. Would probably have to have a fairly restrictive maximum payout to ensure the trust didn't go bust which could be a problem!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 58
immariner
October 25, 2014, 8:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 59
I don't think GTFC should be encouraging gambling. Quality local, healthy produce on the other hand is a great idea. If Kidderminster can do it...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 58
promotion plaice
October 25, 2014, 9:10pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from rancido
I like the idea of a special beer with a name connected to the club. Willeys Bar in Cleethorpes has a micro brewery so the might be more approachable or maybe Tom Woods.

I live in the house directly behind willy's wine bar and know Bill well enough to approach him with this idea.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Idea for the trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.