2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
October 24, 2014, 11:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Bit of an insult to Jack there i feel considering both players C.V's.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
DocTower
October 24, 2014, 11:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Surely after 8 season as a professional footballer , under a host of different managers , non have been able to work out his best position or how to play him yet ?  

I still don't think of him as a striker , maybe a forward but more as a midfielder , but we don't pick the team or style or tactics . Would love to see him be our cult hero , like Livo or Lester .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
fleabag1970
October 24, 2014, 11:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from moosey_club
Bit of an insult to Jack there i feel considering both players C.V's.  

Jack was only prolific at chesterfield really , although he did have two good spells at Forest and like i said won loads of pennos for GTFC .
Who knows where LJL's career path will take him , perhaps onto bigger and better things than Jack ????

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
RichMariner
October 24, 2014, 2:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
I don't really regard these two players as similar. Lester was much more trickier with the ball at his feet, and of course was more than willing to tumble given the opportunity, enticing challenges and teasing defenders (that's not to say he wasn't strong when he wanted to be).

LJL is probably a bit more direct and uses that strength in situations where he could otherwise go down. I don't think he has any trickery as such.

LJL is also used to spearhead our attack, whereas Lester was the one playing alongside the so-called 'big man' (Livvo, Nogan etc) and was afforded a licence to be a bit more creative.

But I can see how their scoring records are similar. Lester never really gave the impression he would be prolific either while at Town.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LJL / Jack Lester

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.