This thread currently has 11,287 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
cleethorpes_mariner
October 21, 2014, 9:24am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313

If you were there you will know more than me as I only listened and watched the highlights. I thought we played as well as Torquay and once we were in front we were in pole position. My concern would be that we were lucky to be in front as on another day Torquay would have been 2 up in the first 10 minutes.

We look a good side when we have room to play but a poor side when we don't. Room to play brought the goals on the break and I thought Disley made an excellent late run for his. He may have faults but nobody else does that like he can.

So it was a good win but the proof that we are a good side will only be there when we prove we can do it against sides that close us down and when we have to create something from nothing.

I agree we was under the cosh for the first 10-15 mins but away from home I would not expect any other,
We defended well and weathered the storm as to speak,
Torquay are the best team I have seen this season by a country mile ( I have not missed a game home or away) and I thought we held our own against them.
To say we where $hite as a previous poster says is disrespect full to the team who I thought played ok.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 76
fleabag1970
October 21, 2014, 11:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 76
mariner91
October 21, 2014, 11:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,255
Gold Stars: 253
What a delightful finish for the first.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 76
fleabag1970
October 21, 2014, 11:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Great header for the 2nd..................... did it go in ??

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 76
Maringer
October 21, 2014, 11:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,143
Gold Stars: 180
Good finish for our first and second goals (though the keeper was culpable for Disley's goal). Very poor defending from us for their second equaliser - their defender just had a standing jump to win the header and didn't have to work very hard for that at all. LJL's winner was perhaps a little lucky as he headed it straight at their keeper so it's a good job the keeper fumbled it!

Nice to take our chances to nick the points for a change as all too often we've dropped points needlessly.

From the chances shown there, they were hardly battering us early on. I'd been led to believe we were under the cosh but they can't have created too many good chances if they didn't bother to put them in the highlights!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 76
Chrisblor
October 21, 2014, 11:39am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,679
Gold Stars: 231
Think McKeown needs to work on his footwork when facing free-kicks. That's not the first time he's moved early and wrong footed himself before conceding a free-kick this season. Otherwise he was excellent.

Shame we didn't get an 'inside the net' replay of LJL's finish!

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 76
RoboCod
October 21, 2014, 12:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
That's really funny...a close-up camera in the corner of the net but only in one goal.  The one possibly contentious 'goal line' incident of the day, our 3rd and it's in the other goal  

Someone should also tell the Torquay fans behind the goal to stand up occasionally and cheer, especially when scoring.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 76
jonnyboy82
October 21, 2014, 1:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,686
Gold Stars: 95
Lennys first goal was just WOW.

GTFC
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 76
lobsterpot
October 21, 2014, 2:27pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15

I agree we was under the cosh for the first 10-15 mins but away from home I would not expect any other,
We defended well and weathered the storm as to speak,
Torquay are the best team I have seen this season by a country mile ( I have not missed a game home or away) and I thought we held our own against them.
To say we where $hite as a previous poster says is disrespect full to the team who I thought played ok.

I did not say we were $hite. I said it was the same old $hite as in the way we play largely in away games. Prime example being when they got the free kick i decided not to watch it nestle in the net and opted for a pee instead! How did i know they were gonna score? Maybe because i have seen it a million times before. I was obviously more than happy with the result. No negativity here I'm just giving you my opinion on what i thought instead of "oooh we won we were awesome" when we really were not. It was a fantastic result away at an unbeaten at home team who could have beaten us comfortably whereas we beat them in our usual style. It's a shame some of you choose to dream up scenarios over fact when you don't agree with someone elses views!

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 76
highcliff mariner
October 21, 2014, 3:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from fleabag1970
Great header for the 2nd..................... did it go in ??

Was there , side stand , yes it was over the line definitely
utm
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.