Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Highlights?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 322 Guests

Highlights?

This thread currently has 11,282 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
October 20, 2014, 6:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Looked fairly lucky in reality, LJL's header was keeper error as was Disley's really, why the keeper committed himself to that position he only knows.  Can any of the 250 who went clarify if we were lucky to win on balance?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 76
BIGChris
October 20, 2014, 6:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from moosey_club
Looked fairly lucky in reality, LJL's header was keeper error as was Disley's really, why the keeper committed himself to that position he only knows.  Can any of the 250 who went clarify if we were lucky to win on balance?

I think Torquay fans will feel they could/should have won. They were dominant in first 20 mins or so and we were fortunate to go in at h-t in the lead 2nd half was more even and once we went 3-2 up we could have had more.

The thing is we deserved to beat Alty, Dover etc but didn't
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 76
lobsterpot
October 20, 2014, 7:25pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Moosey, in my honest opinion we were the usual $hite! If we had lost, which we deserved to, it wouldve been the same performance but cos' we won it papers over the cracks for the time being. I'm taking nothing away from the players but Torquay shouldve buried us before we had a chance to seize on the mistakes by Rice.
Cue the negatives, i thrive on them

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 76
sutton mariner
October 20, 2014, 7:30pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from arryarryarry

From who?

Us, them. Whoever I pay my money every month too.

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 76
BIGChris
October 20, 2014, 7:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Quoted from lobsterpot
Moosey, in my honest opinion we were the usual $hite! If we had lost, which we deserved to, it wouldve been the same performance but cos' we won it papers over the cracks for the time being. I'm taking nothing away from the players but Torquay shouldve buried us before we had a chance to seize on the mistakes by Rice.

You were still going mental when we scored our 3rd as seen on the highlights
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 76
Mariner Ronnie
October 20, 2014, 9:00pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Quoted from lobsterpot

performances don't go down in history, results do!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 76
cleethorpes_mariner
October 20, 2014, 9:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from lobsterpot

Some on here are never happy, was you expecting us to win 7-0.
Sorry but I personally thought we played well enough to win this game and deserved it as we took our chances and had excellent resolve to still look for a winner after being pegged back twice .
If you want fancy football follow Man utd or Liverpool, Its conference football for christ sake
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 76
BPMariner
October 20, 2014, 10:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: -61
When are they going to be on the Torquay youtube?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 76
RoboCod
October 21, 2014, 7:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from lobsterpot

'Paper over cracks ' alert!!

[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFVjvWcCcwQ4-_LYOT4UABjMYY5CPXASbadKiewgn0_yoeeHwc[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 76
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 21, 2014, 8:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23

Some on here are never happy, was you expecting us to win 7-0.
Sorry but I personally thought we played well enough to win this game and deserved it as we took our chances and had excellent resolve to still look for a winner after being pegged back twice .
If you want fancy football follow Man utd or Liverpool, Its conference football for christ sake

If you were there you will know more than me as I only listened and watched the highlights. I thought we played as well as Torquay and once we were in front we were in pole position. My concern would be that we were lucky to be in front as on another day Torquay would have been 2 up in the first 10 minutes.

We look a good side when we have room to play but a poor side when we don't. Room to play brought the goals on the break and I thought Disley made an excellent late run for his. He may have faults but nobody else does that like he can.

So it was a good win but the proof that we are a good side will only be there when we prove we can do it against sides that close us down and when we have to create something from nothing.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Highlights?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.