Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ross Hannah: Not Good Enough?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 317 Guests

Ross Hannah: Not Good Enough?

This thread currently has 4,446 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
SamTheMariner
October 16, 2014, 11:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
It suddenly hit me the other day. 7 goals last season that weren't pens. His strengths aren't pace like Pittman, hold up play like Lenny or finishing like Pittman again. What are his qualities? Someone save me from my misery please.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Codswede
October 16, 2014, 11:40pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Is he good enough for a promotion chasing conference team? Definitely can be, we've seen that. In his loan spell, and a handful of games since he's shown he can drag defences from left to right, he can make one or both centre backs worry where he is at all times...

What I would say though is not good enough, often enough. Sometimes he looks like he has a phobia of the goal... Think he has been cut a lot of slack from the fans compared to Lenny, and I hope he starts to find his form again because he could score lots of goals for us.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
wigworld
October 16, 2014, 11:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I know it wasn't a proper game, but he scored two on Tuesday night. I think he just doesn't partner LJL well.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 33
KingstonMariner
October 17, 2014, 12:47am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I think if he'd been given the free run that Lennie has had he'd have bagged a lot more goals. Even just maintaining his actual strike rate it would've been an improvement, and that's not allowing for better form through being played consistently.

A clear example of mismanagement by Hurst.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
pizzzza
October 17, 2014, 6:55am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from SamTheMariner
It suddenly hit me the other day. 7 goals last season that weren't pens.

Did I miss something or do pens not count anymore?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
Maringer
October 17, 2014, 7:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
The problem with Hannah is that if he's not scoring, he's not really doing much at all. Not big, not quick, not strong on the ball, not a great touch though I can't fault his workrate in closing down the opposition players.

If he was more consistently capable of showing the finishing form of his loan period, he'd be a great player at this level. As it has stood over the past 18 months, he misses more really good chances than he scores. The last Torquay game is a case in point - in the second half (before the injury to LJL took us down to ten men), he missed two sitters which could have earned us a point following the poor first half performance.

The less said about his long-range free-kicks, the better, as I can't remember him even getting close.

Hopefully, his goals the other night will give him a bit of confidence to get him on a scoring run because you would certainly hope he'd be capable of getting near 20 goals in a season. It would be handy if he did hit some form so we didn't feel the need to rush Pittman back as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
DocTower
October 17, 2014, 7:32am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from wigworld
I know it wasn't a proper game, but he scored two on Tuesday night. I think he just doesn't partner LJL well.

Where a game plan or tactics are designed to compliment Ross Hannahs strengths he will score  , unfortunately they aren't  . Like you say , the partnership you mentioned doesn't ,  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
Southernboy
October 17, 2014, 8:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +111
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I think if he'd been given the free run that Lennie has had he'd have bagged a lot more goals. Even just maintaining his actual strike rate it would've been an improvement, and that's not allowing for better form through being played consistently.

A clear example of mismanagement by Hurst.

yeah of course - jesus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
SamTheMariner
October 17, 2014, 9:55am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
Pittman and Lenny is definitely the best partnership at the club

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
Garth
October 17, 2014, 10:03am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
TBF if he had not scored tother nite who would have?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ross Hannah: Not Good Enough?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.