Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where is he?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 392 Guests

Where is he?

This thread currently has 4,954 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
October 14, 2014, 12:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
A new striker that is.

Come on Paul and John, a third of the season gone already and still no news on someone who can fire us up this league. Considering our defensive capabilities, an attacking player or two would go a long way to rounding off a promising squad.

Or is he just waiting for Pittman and Arnold to get fit?
Logged Offline
Private Message
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 14, 2014, 12:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Trialist tonight maybe?

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
psgmariner
October 14, 2014, 12:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Millfields.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
gtfc98
October 14, 2014, 1:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
All getting quite frustrating. I know it's been stated in the paper that it's not a budget issue but I'm not sure I'm buying that personally. Oates will be on peanuts if we're paying any wages at all. Hurst has never had any issues bringing in players before, so why are we having so many problems signing a striker? In my opinion the budget isn't there for a suitable striker.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
brad_gtfc
October 14, 2014, 1:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Waiting for Arnold and Pittman to get fit now I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
grimsby pete
October 14, 2014, 1:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from ginnywings
A new striker that is.

Come on Paul and John, a third of the season gone already and still no news on someone who can fire us up this league. Considering our defensive capabilities, an attacking player or two would go a long way to rounding off a promising squad.

x  Just waiting for Pittman and Arnold to get fit  x                                                        

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
denni266
October 14, 2014, 1:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
If he is waiting for Pitman and Arnold to get fit , We then have been conned , Pitman will never be fit for long , he is to injury prone, and there is some doubt that  Arnold wants to be here , [ taken from what people have mentioned on here ]. There must be a decent striker out there that is not getting a game , so why have we not found him ????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
grimsby pete
October 14, 2014, 1:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Arnold is loving it here,

He has got 3 months pay for less than half an hours work.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
rancido
October 14, 2014, 2:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,445
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from gtfc98
All getting quite frustrating. I know it's been stated in the paper that it's not a budget issue but I'm not sure I'm buying that personally. Oates will be on peanuts if we're paying any wages at all. Hurst has never had any issues bringing in players before, so why are we having so many problems signing a striker? In my opinion the budget isn't there for a suitable striker.

I don't think the budget is the issue. PH has said that he won't sign anybody just to fill a place and he is looking for a striker who fits the bil,l as he sees it. This is surely the right approach. AB only used to bring in players who he thought would suit his style of playing. There might be loads of strikers out there but surely we want somebody better than what we have and able to add something to the squad.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
fleabag1970
October 14, 2014, 2:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I'm sure the money is there but after our bad record of bringing players in during the season over the last 2 years , PH has to get this one right because i suspect that until we have a good cup run there wont be any more money  ( Falling gates are not helping the Budget ).

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where is he?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.