TAGG
October 7, 2014, 11:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Tonights attendance 2535.
I don't know for sure but if there are 2000 season ticket holders and 35 away fans that leaves 500 through the gates.
If that's not a good enough reason for a change of direction (manager) Fenty I don't know what is.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
October 7, 2014, 11:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
800 @ £10 per head is  £8,000 we have lost in one game,

How longer will Fenty allow this to happen. ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
Theimperialcoroner
October 7, 2014, 11:30pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
This is ultimately what will do for Hurst, that's about £10k less in the coffers than last week, you can get a lot of striker for £10000 a week.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
ginnywings
October 8, 2014, 7:52am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from grimsby pete
800 @ £10 per head is  £8,000 we have lost in one game,

How longer will Fenty allow this to happen. ?

Most of the missing fans would have been paying £16 or £18 last night.

We had 3700 for the first couple of games, so a drop of 1200 since the start of the season.

I know 2 people who went last night with free tickets given to them by disgruntled ST holders. They wouldn't have gone otherwise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 54
Garth
October 8, 2014, 11:24am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Its all about money in the end whoever you are tick tock, tick tock, ----He`s behind you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 8, 2014, 11:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
This is ultimately what will do for Hurst, that's about £10k less in the coffers than last week, you can get a lot of striker for £10000 a week.

A Chinese defender

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
cmackenzie4
October 8, 2014, 11:58am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
I went last night with my lad, Having witnessed the Southport and last nights game i don't think we will be going back in a hurry.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
GrimRob
October 8, 2014, 12:29pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Alternatively the board slash the budget next season to match whatever the attendance drops to. At the moment the budget is for a gate around 3500 but there is nothing to stop us setting one for 2000. We'd have to make people redundant and get lesser players. Ultimately the town of Grimsby gets the team it deserves.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 54
carrot top
October 8, 2014, 12:38pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +811
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from GrimRob
Alternatively the board slash the budget next season to match whatever the attendance drops to. At the moment the budget is for a gate around 3500 but there is nothing to stop us setting one for 2000. We'd have to make people redundant and get lesser players. Ultimately the town of Grimsby gets the team it deserves.

Dont quite agree with that Rob. The budget in my eyes needs to be used effectively. Football is all about entertainment and 'Im afraid that we are not being entertained. It hurts fans when we are consistently poor and many people just do not wish to watch sub standard football as we are being served up with at the moment. I realise we are where we are but how low can we go. It is a worrying situation that I never thought I would have to witness in 50 yrs of watching the Mariners. I really want our fortunes to turn, but feel that the current regime cannot facilitate it. The result therefore is dwindling attendances.

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 8, 2014, 12:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,502
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from carrot top
[/b]

Dont quite agree with that Rob. The budget in my eyes needs to be used effectively. Football is all about entertainment and 'Im afraid that we are not being entertained. It hurts fans when we are consistently poor and many people just do not wish to watch sub standard football as we are being served up with at the moment. I realise we are where we are but how low can we go. It is a worrying situation that I never thought I would have to witness in 50 yrs of watching the Mariners. I really want our fortunes to turn, but feel that the current regime cannot facilitate it. The result therefore is dwindling attendances.

Post has my full agreement, do you go to the pictures to watch a 90 minute boring film, could add in black and white to make it even more relevant, travelling a  round journey of over 80 miles? We may not always like the ending but we want entertainment whilst we are there and for the past ten months that has been sadly lacking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attendance tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.