Chrisblor
October 9, 2014, 3:15pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 231
Another dour, downbeat update from Hurst as he fails yet again in his search for a competent goalscorer:
Quoted Text
Paul Hurst isn't optimistic of bringing in a striker ahead of Saturday's Vanarama Conference clash at Wrexham.

"Yet again I thought we were getting somewhere and that situation changed. We will probably be as we are, which I am comfortable with.

"I went to a game this week and what I saw wasn't any better than we have currently got. So it is waiting to get the right one."

Really Paul, are you sure about that?

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 103
moosey_club
October 9, 2014, 5:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from tashee69

Soccerbase says Hannah has scored 2 in 10 games while LJL has scored 4 in 12. Leave you to do the simple maths.
Just showing that stats can be made to show what you want them to.

Yes they can.. but Hannah has not had the same time on the pitch, 9 appearances totalling 547 mins on the pitch (not including the Alty game).........LJL  11 appearances totalling 898 mins on the pitch (not including the Alty game).  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 103
jimgtfc
October 9, 2014, 5:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
He's 'comfortable' with our striking options? Well seems as though he signed them all, started the season with 3 and still has 3, comfortable isn't quite good enough for me. We've missed out/passed up the opportunity on nearly as many strikers as Forest Green have had in the last 12 months. We've had since May to get this sorted.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 103
Teestogreen
October 9, 2014, 5:59pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from winston
Danny North get him back

Seems obvious to me. As I said the other night, his scoring record is pretty good - (in fact very good). Republic of Ireland season just finishing - he's match fit and scoring. He's 27 years old now - an experienced striker. Grimsby Town first gave him his chance (until Mike Newell sidelined him). Grimsby lad. Perfect time to sign him.

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 103
grimsby pete
October 9, 2014, 6:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
He was scoring for fun in league 1 before he was jailed,

He has served his time,

Why should he be punished again by making him play under Hurst.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 103
Teestogreen
October 9, 2014, 6:30pm

Champagne Drinker
Why mot?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 103
Garth
October 9, 2014, 7:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Beautyman seemed a good prospect against Kiddy last night
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 103
nightrider
October 9, 2014, 7:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
I'd like to see Danny North given a go - Thing is, no striker is gonna be given the time. We don't have the time - 10 more games and the season could be well and truly over.
Fans start to question strikers if they haven't scored after their first game. Got a feeling North might take at least a month to get going

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 103
Teestogreen
October 9, 2014, 7:31pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from nightrider
I'd like to see Danny North given a go - Thing is, no striker is gonna be given the time. We don't have the time - 10 more games and the season could be well and truly over.
Fans start to question strikers if they haven't scored after their first game. Got a feeling North might take at least a month to get going

My view is he is up and running now  - European football  August and September has been the icing on the cake for him (including scoring an important goal in Rosenborg), which Sligo fans will never forget. If anyone can continue seamlessly for us (given the right service!) - it is him

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 103
DocTower
October 9, 2014, 8:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
All very good , but add to this the style that Hurst plays . It would be another stfikers confidence blown out of the water .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.