chicaneuk
October 8, 2014, 5:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Chrisblor

It must be a confidence issue. I mean he scored 52 goals in a single season not that long ago (which is surprising since he can barely kick a ball with his right foot at the moment). I remember when he first signed on loan and went on an impressive goalscoring run, most of his goals came from his movement in the box and clinical finishing - attributes which seem to have gone missing of late. He's never been the kind of player to beat defenders regularly and make goals for himself (although his goal against Chester was quite good).

This is what I don't get about Hannah. What happened to him? When we had him on loan he was devastating. And now, with the greatest respect to him, he's simply not delivering. And I've lost count of how many times he has been caught offside.

Is it confidence? Supply? Or just lost interest in the club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 103
webbit
October 8, 2014, 6:05pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +8
Omar Bogle??, banging them in ok at a lower level, but worth a chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 103
jimgtfc
October 8, 2014, 6:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from webbit
Omar Bogle??, banging them in ok at a lower level, but worth a chance.

That one has sort of been done to death but he certainly would have been an asset to us.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 103
ackomariner
October 8, 2014, 6:21pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from chicaneuk

This is what I don't get about Hannah. What happened to him? When we had him on loan he was devastating. And now, with the greatest respect to him, he's simply not delivering. And I've lost count of how many times he has been caught offside.

Is it confidence? Supply? Or just lost interest in the club?

Every striker that's played with Lewis have gone ti ts up.....work it out for yourselves

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 103
MuddyWaters
October 8, 2014, 6:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from webbit
Omar Bogle Dayle Southwell??, banging them in ok at a lower level, but worth a chance.

Oh wait!  
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 103
pontoonlew
October 8, 2014, 6:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,837
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from Chrisblor

It must be a confidence issue. I mean he scored 52 goals in a single season not that long ago (which is surprising since he can barely kick a ball with his right foot at the moment). I remember when he first signed on loan and went on an impressive goalscoring run, most of his goals came from his movement in the box and clinical finishing - attributes which seem to have gone missing of late. He's never been the kind of player to beat defenders regularly and make goals for himself (although his goal against Chester was quite good).

A confidence issue not helped by a manager who will drop him every time he has a bad game, yet keep his strike partner on come rain or shine. That can't do anybody any good. He's so often robbed of having another strike partner too. Him & Cook had a great record together before Hurst single handedly crushed the confidence of the latter.

Funny how Hannahs best game this season came when he started with somebody else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 103
Rodley Mariner
October 8, 2014, 6:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Always somebody elses fault when it's your favourites Lew. He seemed to do alright at Alfreton last season with LJL next to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 103
pontoonlew
October 8, 2014, 6:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,837
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Always somebody elses fault when it's your favourites Lew. He seemed to do alright at Alfreton last season with LJL next to him.

I won't deny Hannah has had his faults. But like a few others he's been poorly man managed. Players don't just turn excrement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 103
Garth
October 8, 2014, 6:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
I thought Reeves was poor last night    just saying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 103
barralad
October 8, 2014, 6:48pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from pontoonlew

I won't deny Hannah has had his faults. But like a few others he's been poorly man managed. Players don't just turn excrement.

We have a long recent history of players coming to Town on loan who look like world beaters but then go off the boil. As I recall he struck up a good partnership with Neilson whilst on loan. Perhaps that should be looked at..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Striker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.