Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › hurst on neilson.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 192 Guests

hurst on neilson.

This thread currently has 5,053 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
OneLove
October 7, 2014, 10:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
I have just literally booked hurst a taxi for 7pm to take him back to rotherham!

Logged Offline
Private Message
jimgtfc
October 7, 2014, 10:47am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
What has he said?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
Garth
October 7, 2014, 10:52am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Turned it down he wants a pink limousine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
OneLove
October 7, 2014, 10:58am
Table Wine Drinker
Check out the evening telegraph, says nielson needs to work harder and be more of a team player hahahaha a massive WTF!

Can any of you fence sitters comment on this please and correct me that this isn't hurst being deluded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 7, 2014, 11:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Yeah neilson, stop running the show and let all the other players have a go

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
OneLove
October 7, 2014, 11:07am
Table Wine Drinker
hahaha ace. Ermm lenny any chance you can stop banging goals in for this season and give someone else a go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 50
denni266
October 7, 2014, 11:21am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Right then, its neilsons fault mr hurst.  Obviously not defending and coming out with the ball enough, and running all the way and scoring.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
fiveallive
October 7, 2014, 11:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Its a bit harsh on Scotty Neilson one bad game and his told he has to work harder, he carries the team on a good day and like all Non League players they all lack consistency, but we need to see more from Jack Mackreth etc there are other players who need to be a accountable more then Neilson in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
jonnyboy82
October 7, 2014, 11:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
so let me get this straight the bloke has no problem publicly criticising scott neilson who has single handedly won us games in the past and is our best player ..

but I have never ever heard him criticise lenny for missing sitters and costing us points all the time.

the man is a joke and I cant wait for him to get sacked.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
Garth
October 7, 2014, 11:37am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Neilson not a favourite it seems,  often gets subbed during a match
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
Rick12
October 7, 2014, 11:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from jonnyboy82
so let me get this straight the bloke has no problem publicly criticising scott neilson who has single handedly won us games in the past and is our best player ..

but I have never ever heard him criticise lenny for missing sitters and costing us points all the time.

As long as players are putting in the effort that goes a long way.Maybe Lenny (haven't seen him yet this season)is putting in the effort and getting let of the hook by Hurst

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
drbell
October 7, 2014, 12:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14
Seems like reasonable management to me. Criticising someone who is working as hard as they can, but missing chances makes no sense. Putting more pressure on him isn't gong to help him take the chances. However, if someone could be simply working harder, tracking back more, passing some of the time instead of going alone, then these are things that highlighting can improve.

This forum does seem to be full of people who want to get rid of Hurst (rightly or wrongly) who are then taking every single thing going on and twisting it to be unequivocally negative.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
MrsMariner
October 7, 2014, 12:02pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
I've not said anything against Hurst so far, & I don't particularly want to see him sacked just yet because I do think he has got together a good squad this year but his criticism of Neilson really takes the biscuit.
We all saw how Neilson kick started our season at Gateshead & how much the team have relied on him since, I dread to think were we would be without him. For me he's the one player who should be allowed a bit of leeway when things are not going so well, & allowed the odd bad game & not dropped the next, we need him in the team, it wasn't like he was the only one who was below par last Tuesday night.
I really am baffled at times by his team selections & substitutions & his response to Tondeurs questioning on Saturday was just wrong all he had to say was he wanted to approach the Dartford game in a different way or Paddy deserved a chance or anything like that.
Any way despite all that I will still be there tonight supporting my team, which will hopefully include Neilson who will be fired up ready to prove Hurst wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
Maringer
October 7, 2014, 12:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,408
Gold Stars: 184
The problem with Neilson is that when things aren't quite going his way, he tries to do too much, holds onto the ball and dribbles into dead ends instead of passing to teammates. When he's at his best, he goes on his mazy runs but also moves the ball around well with his teammates and is therefore much more effective. It's no coincidence that he's not been playing well in our recent poor run of form because we really do rely on him.

He was very poor against Southport, but no worse than his teammates so I'm surprised Hurst has criticised him in the press in this manner. Perhaps trying to gee him up a bit?

After last Tuesday's debacle, I don't think anybody deserved to be picked out individually as everyone was utterly rubbish - he ought to have given the whole team a rocket!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
cmackenzie4
October 7, 2014, 12:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Yeah neilson, stop running the show and let all the other players have a go

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
gtfc98
October 7, 2014, 12:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Or Hannah.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
jonnyboy82
October 7, 2014, 12:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from gtfc98

Or Hannah.

yep true.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
gtfc98
October 7, 2014, 12:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from jonnyboy82

yep true.

What I don't get is why Hannah seems to be immune from criticism. We know that Lenny is never going to be a prolific scorer, he's not in that side to be the main goalscorer and while I appreciate that it would help if he scores more quite frankly Hannah is the one letting the side down. He IS in that side to score goals, yes he runs around alot but he doesn't bring others into the game/create chances like Lenny does yet he is hero worshipped on here while Lenny is vilified.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
OneLove
October 7, 2014, 12:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
but seriously why neilson when you've got lenny who could of won us a few games this season if he never high heels to play in, disley who is past it and struggles to keep up with the game, hannah who does try but is constantly offside and mackreth who hasn't even touched the ball yet for town.

The guys deluded, we've won nothing under him and will continue to do so unless we have a really worth it cup run in the vase!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 7, 2014, 1:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from drbell
Seems like reasonable management to me. Criticising someone who is working as hard as they can, but missing chances makes no sense. Putting more pressure on him isn't gong to help him take the chances. However, if someone could be simply working harder, tracking back more, passing some of the time instead of going alone, then these are things that highlighting can improve.

This forum does seem to be full of people who want to get rid of Hurst (rightly or wrongly) who are then taking every single thing going on and twisting it to be unequivocally negative.

No it isn't good management. Good management would sort out a team around players' strengths not their weaknesses. Why sign a player and then put him in a situation where he can't do what he does best? He doesn't know whether to sh!t, shave or shower. Neilson was played in his best position and did well, then for no good reason the team is changed, he is stuck out wide and the team doesn't work the same. So he gets the blame for not being a good little lad and chasing round like Billy Bremner on acid.

I mentioned on the other thread that John Robertson was a good example of the Neilson type player and Clough incorporated him into a team where different players with different abilities were welded into a team. That is good management. Bad management is trying to put square pegs in round holes and then chucking them out when they don't fit.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
Maringer
October 7, 2014, 1:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I'm not convinced that Hurst is implying that Neilson doesn't work hard enough as I think he's always been willing to track back and try to get tackles in. I don't recall him being much different last week?

I think it is more of a criticism of being a bit too greedy when on the ball and not passing to teammates which is one criticism I've had about him in the past and was certainly the case against Southport. When he's in good form this works out and he creates the chances, when not doing so well he instead runs into dead ends.

Regardless, I'd still have played him against Dartford.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
poomehellt
October 7, 2014, 2:25pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
Neilson has won us several games almost single-handed yet he gets dropped and slagged off by our glorious manager.

LJL, who has cost us points on at least 3 occasions this year by missing sitters, stays in the squad, seemingly Hurst's fave, immune from being dropped or even criticized by the great Mr Hurst. With the evenings starting to get darker and colder, I must remember with the help of that wonderful Mr Hurst which one of our players backsides to gather round to catch a glimpse of the sun.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
BIGChris
October 7, 2014, 2:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Nielson would always be in my side BUT against Southport, who often had 8 men behind the ball, it was imperative he gave us some width in order to create space. He didnt, he went looking for the ball in crowded areas and thus played into Southports hands and made their task mush easier

Still would have played him at Dartford mind!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
Chrisblor
October 7, 2014, 2:38pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,761
Gold Stars: 233
Hannah is hero worshipped? I'm not sure about that - there's certainly been a lot of criticism of him on here lately since he's not scoring goals and barely contributes to the team's attacking play.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
DocTower
October 7, 2014, 2:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Nielson IS which ever way you look at it , is our most creative player . We know it , the opposition know it . The opposition manager sets his team to stop him playing , our manager drops him after one game  .
We are going tonight to support the team but its getting to be a painful experience of late .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 7, 2014, 2:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from BIGChris
Nielson would always be in my side BUT against Southport, who often had 8 men behind the ball, it was imperative he gave us some width in order to create space. He didnt, he went looking for the ball in crowded areas and thus played into Southports hands and made their task mush easier

Still would have played him at Dartford mind!

Good point Chris. But you have to ask if putting him out there in the first place was a good idea don't you?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
grimsby pete
October 7, 2014, 2:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Maringer

I think it is more of a criticism of being a bit too greedy when on the ball and not passing to teammates which is one criticism I've had about him in the past and was certainly the case against Southport..

Yes I agree,

He should have passed the ball more often to LJL and Hannah,

So they could miss the chances.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
Maringer
October 7, 2014, 3:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

Yes I agree,

He should have passed the ball more often to LJL and Hannah,

So they could miss the chances.

Or perhaps, they might have just scored them instead?

Do we really need more digs at LJL/Hannah on a thread about Neilson, even if they are meant to be lighthearted?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
BIGChris
October 7, 2014, 3:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6

Good point Chris. But you have to ask if putting him out there in the first place was a good idea don't you?

Which brings us a full circle to attacking options. We havent got enough, even accepting that Pittman & Arnold are injured
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
nightrider
October 7, 2014, 3:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
We need 4 strikers signing.
Hannah & LJL need to be loaned out to a Sunday league club that have extras large goals to gain some nous talent skill confidence in front of goal

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
grimsby pete
October 7, 2014, 3:34pm

Exile
Quoted from Maringer

Or perhaps, they might have just scored them instead?

Do we really need more digs at LJL/Hannah on a thread about Neilson, even if they are meant to be lighthearted?  

Sorry mate but at the moment If I do not laugh at things,

I would cry.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
wiggers
October 7, 2014, 3:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
Scott Nielson is by far the most skilful and best attacking option we have. For Hurst to come out and publicly slag him off, I just don't get it. What about other players, why single him out? Disley has been garbage for ages, Hannah doesn't score enough goals, why don't these players get a public dressing down? He runs the risk of alienating our best player trying to justify his bizarre team selection. Dear oh dear...........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
Perkins
October 7, 2014, 3:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
This will ceratinly do wonders for Neilsons confidence tonight wont it?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
grimsby pete
October 7, 2014, 4:05pm

Exile
Quoted from Perkins

When he gets the ball tonight,

I bet he will get an even bigger cheer than normal.

Come on Scotty !!!!!!!!

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
biggles9999
October 7, 2014, 4:06pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from Perkins

Or it might spur him to prove Hurst wrong. We dont know exactly what Neilson is like and whether he is a confidence player or someone who responds to criticism do we?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
MuddyWaters
October 7, 2014, 4:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Add poor handling of star players to the list of accusations against Hurst. I'm beginning to think the only reason he manages the club is because he's cheap  
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
biggles9999
October 7, 2014, 4:19pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Whilst I do agree that this could be poor management, we dont 100% know that it is yet do we?

Some players respond to a bit of a bollocking and some top managers have even done this to the national press (Mourinho did it last season with Hazard). Some players need an arm around the shoulder and given some confidence.

It may well be that Neilson is one of those who needs a bit of a bollocking at times, I certainly dont think he struggles for confidence, so it may well gee him up to getting back to what he is good at. Being direct, rather than the way he can run across the pitch with the ball.

If he plays a blinder tonight, it might just be a decent piece of management by Hurst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
grimsby pete
October 7, 2014, 4:21pm

Exile
Quoted from biggles9999
Whilst I do agree that this could be poor management, we dont 100% know that it is yet do we?

Some players respond to a bit of a bollocking and some top managers have even done this to the national press (Mourinho did it last season with Hazard). Some players need an arm around the shoulder and given some confidence.

It may well be that Neilson is one of those who needs a bit of a bollocking at times, I certainly dont think he struggles for confidence, so it may well gee him up to getting back to what he is good at. Being direct, rather than the way he can run across the pitch with the ball.

If he plays a blinder tonight, it might just be a decent piece of management by Hurst.

This could be true, lets hope so.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
rancido
October 7, 2014, 4:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,531
Gold Stars: 96
I like Neilson and agree that he is our most creative player but I can see what PH is intimating at. Many times Scottie draws two or three defenders towards him and tries to beat them when it would be more beneficial to pass to a supporting player and then get the ball back thus nullifying the players marking him. This is no way a go at Scott but more a reference to how he can use his team mates and be more effective. We all like to see Scott go on great runs and leave defenders in his wake but the opposition have wised up to this and just try to close him down instead of committing to the tackle.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
oldun
October 7, 2014, 4:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
In the interests of balance, Hurst has praised Neilson many times in the past and commented that he is one payer who can do some things others cannot and that he brings a special dimension to our game. So I do not think he is against him in general but pointing out aspects of play which could be better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
mariner2000
October 7, 2014, 5:44pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from biggles9999

Or it might spur him to prove Hurst wrong. We dont know exactly what Neilson is like and whether he is a confidence player or someone who responds to criticism do we?

This mis exactly a reason he shouldn't have dropped him.  

Why give hime a rocket and fire him up if you are then going to drop him so he can't prove you wrong?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 40 - 50
LongEatonMariner
October 7, 2014, 6:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
It is a questionable statement from Hurst at best, but he has probably been harangued by everyone about why he dropped him and ended up saying that, which should have remained private.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
moosey_club
October 7, 2014, 6:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224

When Neilson is on form he is a wonderful player and a genuine game changer, when he isnt though he becomes such a frustrating player who becomes impossible to play with as players make runs and he doesnt pass, tries too hard and loses the ball when other players have committed to support him.......and i imagine his over confident personality can get in the way on occassion.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
LongEatonMariner
October 7, 2014, 7:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Quoted from oldun
In the interests of balance, Hurst has praised Neilson many times in the past and commented that he is one payer who can do some things others cannot and that he brings a special dimension to our game. So I do not think he is against him in general but pointing out aspects of play which could be better.

Good post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
chaos33
October 7, 2014, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353

No it isn't good management. Good management would sort out a team around players' strengths not their weaknesses. Why sign a player and then put him in a situation where he can't do what he does best? He doesn't know whether to sh!t, shave or shower. Neilson was played in his best position and did well, then for no good reason the team is changed, he is stuck out wide and the team doesn't work the same. So he gets the blame for not being a good little lad and chasing round like Billy Bremner on acid.

I mentioned on the other thread that John Robertson was a good example of the Neilson type player and Clough incorporated him into a team where different players with different abilities were welded into a team. That is good management. Bad management is trying to put square pegs in round holes and then chucking them out when they don't fit.

Exactly that. See also Paddy McLaughlin.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
barralad
October 7, 2014, 10:59pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from chaos33

Exactly that. See also Paddy McLaughlin.

Square peg in square hole tonight (allegedly). Singularly failed to impress....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
chaos33
October 7, 2014, 11:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Did he play centre mid or left mid? If he played centre mid, perhaps someone can explain the formation to me? Did he not get into two great positions for our best two chances, being unlucky with them both? Didn't somebody say 'once the substitutes came on(Paddy being one of those replaced), we lost our dominance in midfield? Just asking like.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
barralad
October 7, 2014, 11:21pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from chaos33
Did he play centre mid or left mid? If he played centre mid, perhaps someone can explain the formation to me? Did he not get into two great positions for our best two chances, being unlucky with them both? Didn't somebody say 'once the substitutes came on(Paddy being one of those replaced), we lost our dominance in midfield? Just asking like.

Well he seemed to spend a lot of time inside of Neilson in a centre mid 3 with Clay and Brown.

As for "unlucky" I guess it's a matter of opinion. An inability to keep a header down could be classed as careless. I'll give you unlucky for the first chance as the keeper saved it but knew little about it.
The reason we lost our dominance in midfield was more about the numbers we had in there rather than specific personnel as both Hannah and Oates played in forward roles...reducing us from five to four against their five.
His all round game lacked energy and effort. He doesn't harrass opponents and his tackling skills for central midfield on tonight's showing are virtually non-existent...

Just saying like.....

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
Maringer
October 7, 2014, 11:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
A good save from his first effort. Terrible miss with a free header for the second chance so no bad luck there.

Not his best game, but he wasn't stuck out on the left - we had a sort of fluid 3 in the middle formation with the players popping up all over the place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
chaos33
October 7, 2014, 11:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Fair enough. Still, at least you noticed he was playing, mentioning no captains .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
barralad
October 8, 2014, 12:07am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from chaos33
Fair enough. Still, at least you noticed he was playing, mentioning no captains .

From my barra I see everything!!!!

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › hurst on neilson.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.