Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › hurst on neilson.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 319 Guests

hurst on neilson.

This thread currently has 5,063 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
October 7, 2014, 3:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,795
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Maringer

Or perhaps, they might have just scored them instead?

Do we really need more digs at LJL/Hannah on a thread about Neilson, even if they are meant to be lighthearted?  

Sorry mate but at the moment If I do not laugh at things,

I would cry.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
wiggers
October 7, 2014, 3:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
Scott Nielson is by far the most skilful and best attacking option we have. For Hurst to come out and publicly slag him off, I just don't get it. What about other players, why single him out? Disley has been garbage for ages, Hannah doesn't score enough goals, why don't these players get a public dressing down? He runs the risk of alienating our best player trying to justify his bizarre team selection. Dear oh dear...........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
Perkins
October 7, 2014, 3:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
This will ceratinly do wonders for Neilsons confidence tonight wont it?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
grimsby pete
October 7, 2014, 4:05pm

Exile
Quoted from Perkins

When he gets the ball tonight,

I bet he will get an even bigger cheer than normal.

Come on Scotty !!!!!!!!

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
biggles9999
October 7, 2014, 4:06pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from Perkins

Or it might spur him to prove Hurst wrong. We dont know exactly what Neilson is like and whether he is a confidence player or someone who responds to criticism do we?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
MuddyWaters
October 7, 2014, 4:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Add poor handling of star players to the list of accusations against Hurst. I'm beginning to think the only reason he manages the club is because he's cheap  
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
biggles9999
October 7, 2014, 4:19pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Whilst I do agree that this could be poor management, we dont 100% know that it is yet do we?

Some players respond to a bit of a bollocking and some top managers have even done this to the national press (Mourinho did it last season with Hazard). Some players need an arm around the shoulder and given some confidence.

It may well be that Neilson is one of those who needs a bit of a bollocking at times, I certainly dont think he struggles for confidence, so it may well gee him up to getting back to what he is good at. Being direct, rather than the way he can run across the pitch with the ball.

If he plays a blinder tonight, it might just be a decent piece of management by Hurst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
grimsby pete
October 7, 2014, 4:21pm

Exile
Quoted from biggles9999
Whilst I do agree that this could be poor management, we dont 100% know that it is yet do we?

Some players respond to a bit of a bollocking and some top managers have even done this to the national press (Mourinho did it last season with Hazard). Some players need an arm around the shoulder and given some confidence.

It may well be that Neilson is one of those who needs a bit of a bollocking at times, I certainly dont think he struggles for confidence, so it may well gee him up to getting back to what he is good at. Being direct, rather than the way he can run across the pitch with the ball.

If he plays a blinder tonight, it might just be a decent piece of management by Hurst.

This could be true, lets hope so.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
rancido
October 7, 2014, 4:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
I like Neilson and agree that he is our most creative player but I can see what PH is intimating at. Many times Scottie draws two or three defenders towards him and tries to beat them when it would be more beneficial to pass to a supporting player and then get the ball back thus nullifying the players marking him. This is no way a go at Scott but more a reference to how he can use his team mates and be more effective. We all like to see Scott go on great runs and leave defenders in his wake but the opposition have wised up to this and just try to close him down instead of committing to the tackle.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
oldun
October 7, 2014, 4:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
In the interests of balance, Hurst has praised Neilson many times in the past and commented that he is one payer who can do some things others cannot and that he brings a special dimension to our game. So I do not think he is against him in general but pointing out aspects of play which could be better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › hurst on neilson.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.