This thread currently has 600 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
AlanPoutonsTackle
October 6, 2014, 10:54am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
I know it gets boring discussing Paul Hurst but i think the problems lay around his negativity. If he is reported correctly PH simply isnt a winner and that rubs off. Not for the first time i have read him saying that we are not in the battle for the title and we at best might make the play offs. Any manager at a full time club in this league should be buying players with the intention of winning the league and should be shouting this from the roof tops. Our budget isnt the biggest but it is big enough to really hit at this league and to assemble a squad you think may make the play offs simple isnt enough. I think PH sides are always the same. Struggle to get going and no real answer to well organised sides. The big wins show capability but the defeats/draws against poorer sides show lack of real belief. To add to this i question his capability of bringing in the right players. I honestly believe that managers who have been about a bit and earned respect with players will get these players in when available. We need a winner and i think Hurst as decent a bloke he is and not having an horrendous record simply will not push us on to where we need to be. I have read threads where people have asked what is success. The only success is promtion because without it we have gained nothing. That is the simple answer. The board need to step up. Understand that we are not improving/moving on and get in a man of experience. When Luton finally did it with Still they got success. Lets look at thier model and aim to achieve.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why we need a change

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.