Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attempt at an unbiased view...........
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 281 Guests

Attempt at an unbiased view...........

This thread currently has 6,414 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
October 5, 2014, 7:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Is that a striker with his own tent? We already have one who couldn't hit a marquee from the inside.

I still maintain that strikers do not want to play for this team because they think they will not get fair treatment from the manager.

They know that PH messes about with one up front, two up front, one and half up front and so on. The one constant is LJL. Unless a new striker is a quicker, better and more prolific target player than LJL he has no chance of regular first team action. So spending on a poacher will be a waste of money because he won't play enough games to make it worthwhile. For the striker it will be a waste of time because he will spend more time on the bench than on the field.

I wouldn't mind if that were true, but said player is untouchable. If he's available he gets picked.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 54
MuddyWaters
October 5, 2014, 7:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Don't get me wrong Codger, I was merely stating the fact we already had a loan striker in. Hurst's inability to bring a decent striker in is really offpissing.

Only pointing out the complete mess that our striking department is. LJL has score 30 goals in an 8 year career, that's approximately 8 times slower than we need.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 54
Fcukthescunts
October 5, 2014, 8:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
I have supported Hurst and backed him on here. I spoke to some people who attend games more regularly than myself over weekend and whose opinion I respect. I have therefore decided to give Hurst the next ten days to get a quality striker on board and that the effort and play, on the whole, from team is equal to that of the Halifax away game. If this does not happen I shall no longer back Hurst as manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 54
ackomariner
October 5, 2014, 10:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
I have supported Hurst and backed him on here. I spoke to some people who attend games more regularly than myself over weekend and whose opinion I respect. I have therefore decided to give Hurst the next ten days to get a quality striker on board and that the effort and play, on the whole, from team is equal to that of the Halifax away game. If this does not happen I shall no longer back Hurst as manager.

Thought you were happy from your thread you started the other day.....what's changed in such a short space of time.

I've been able to see that hurst isn't the man to get us out this league since last Christmas, along with a few others I might add, now there seems more people seeing what we've been shouting about for ages.

Don't understand giving him ten more days though, as I'm sure he will change the team, not make a substitution early......ect

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 54
grimsby pete
October 5, 2014, 11:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Do not worry about Hurst,

If Grim Rob is right he will walk into a job next week,

Southport maybe ?

With Foyle ready to take over here.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 54
chaos33
October 5, 2014, 11:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Why have you alluded to Foyle coming here on 2 separate threads Pete?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 54
grimsby pete
October 5, 2014, 11:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from chaos33
Why have you alluded to Foyle coming here on 2 separate threads Pete?

Just a feeling , no more,

BUT

He probably impressed Fenty last Tuesday,

He has been interviewed by Fenty before,

He has just left Southport,

Just putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 ( maybe )

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 54
chaos33
October 5, 2014, 11:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Well, that's what I thought  

I do hope this isn't the way it goes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 54
EY Mariner
October 5, 2014, 11:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
I share many of the concerns expressed by other posters, but I do not share the desire to see a change of manager at this time, primarily because any move as drastic as that should be based on much more evidence than a couple of poor results or our current position in the table.

When considering a manager's future, particularly when there isn't an immediate concern about preserving a place in a particular division, the key questions should be these. Is there a manager out there who would do better with the players that the current manager has at his disposal? If so, is he realistically going to be interested in taking the job? Only if we can answer 'Yes' to both of those should we make a change.

But when I see the likes of Dave Hockaday and Steve Burr, managers who have achieved as much or even less than Paul Hurst has, being suggested as good alternatives, that seems to me to be more about a wish to see a change for the sake of it, rather than whether they are actually better managers. Gary Brabin? Where has he been since Luton sacked him? Why would any of them do a better job than Hurst? At this moment, still relatively early in the season, I think it is a far bigger gamble to sack Hurst than to keep him. This is a time for cool heads and sound reasoning, not the panic that I fear could be triggered if things go awry on Tuesday night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 54
chaos33
October 5, 2014, 11:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

Just a feeling , no more,

BUT

He probably impressed Fenty last Tuesday,

He has been interviewed by Fenty before,

He has just left Southport,

Just putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 ( maybe )

Y'know what.....just doing a bit of research I would think there's every possibility this could happen.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attempt at an unbiased view...........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.