This thread currently has 4,013 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Mariner21
October 5, 2014, 7:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
So another poor appointment. Another false dawn. Another disappointment. Another season at this urine poor level.  

When you do eventually sack the useless manager I want YOU gone as well. YOU are the problem.

(Seething)

[Post Edited]
Private Message
Garth
October 5, 2014, 9:29am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Come off that fence
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
barralad
October 5, 2014, 9:54am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,193
Gold Stars: 121
Poor form to compare a human being to a terrible disease but it's the levels to which The Fishy appears to have sunk these days....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
LongEatonMariner
October 5, 2014, 9:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Mariner21
So another poor appointment. Another false dawn. Another disappointment. Another season at this urine poor level.  

When you do eventually sack the useless manager I want YOU gone as well. YOU are the problem.

(Seething)

Am so tired of this sort of angry bile.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
October 5, 2014, 9:59am
Guest User
I'm sure there will be a queue of wealthy investors desperate to invest in a club which is sat 11th in he conference...
Reply: 4 - 27
RoboCod
October 5, 2014, 10:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
It can only get worse. Its almost like some posters feel compelled to outdo each other in their outrage at the sItuation, almost as if they think the harder hitting, more angry their post is the more likely we'll have an announcement of a sacking.
I'm curious as to why Hurst is all of a sudden a back-stabber of Scott, as claimed in another thread for instance. Even if in some way true, why is this only of importance during a dismal run of displays, for example?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
mariner91
October 5, 2014, 10:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,244
Gold Stars: 253
And who gives a shite about Scott anyway? The man has a screw loose.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
GrimRob
October 5, 2014, 11:54am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 1739
I'm sure there will be a queue of wealthy investors desperate to invest in a club which is sat 11th in he conference...

Indeed. There will definitely be a queue of clubs wanting to shortlist PH for their vacancy should we sack him. PH has been an excellent appointnment so far by the board and if does go his spell here will have done his CV no harm at all.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 27
BPMariner
October 5, 2014, 10:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: -61
Gold Stars: 6
Some thing happened on Saturday that i missed? We lost right? Dartford have only lost two games at home this season - the same as Barnet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
mariner2000
October 5, 2014, 10:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Grim Rob - SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!????
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 9 - 27
TAGG
October 5, 2014, 10:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from GrimRob

Indeed. There will definitely be a queue of clubs wanting to shortlist PH for their vacancy should we sack him. PH has been an excellent appointnment so far by the board and if does go his spell here will have done his CV no harm at all.

😂 😂 😂 😂

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
codcheeky
October 5, 2014, 11:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from mariner2000
Grim Rob - SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!????

How many managers who are likely to come here have got a team to the play offs for the last two years and had great runs in the cup as well?  There is a bit of a bandwagon to try and get Hurst the sack, got rolling by the usual negative suspects who believe we are still a championship side followed by the sheep , listen to the respect he had from pundits and fellow managers at the start of the season, he has improved us year on year and even most on here agree the squad is stronger this year than last, he will have a queue of clubs chasing him if he becomes available.  The same people who are calling for his head on here would look at his track record if he was at another conference club and demand fenty sign him.
the fans going round toward the dugout when we went a goal down  on saturday acted like complete knobheads and are an embarrasment to the club and the town
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
Harry Haddock
October 6, 2014, 12:22am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Mariner21

(Seething)

[Post Edited]

At least give others a slight chance of winning TOTW !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
ackomariner
October 6, 2014, 4:51am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from codcheeky

How many managers who are likely to come here have got a team to the play offs for the last two years and had great runs in the cup as well?  There is a bit of a bandwagon to try and get Hurst the sack, got rolling by the usual negative suspects who believe we are still a championship side followed by the sheep , listen to the respect he had from pundits and fellow managers at the start of the season, he has improved us year on year and even most on here agree the squad is stronger this year than last, he will have a queue of clubs chasing him if he becomes available.  The same people who are calling for his head on here would look at his track record if he was at another conference club and demand fenty sign him.
the fans going round toward the dugout when we went a goal down  on saturday acted like complete knobheads and are an embarrasment to the club and the town

I'm not to bothered about the respect he received of pundits......I'm bothered about what's going on on the pitch.....which isn't a great deal

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
ginnywings
October 6, 2014, 7:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from codcheeky

There will be some managers out there, who if given the budget Hurst has to work with, would fancy their chances of getting us to the play offs and beyond.

The fact is that Hurst is underachieving and some of the performances of the team are dire. The buck stops with the manager. He knows that. All managers know it.

I really want Hurst to succeed but the truth is that the team is consistently inconsistent over a long period and fans are starting to vote with their feet.  There is a lot of untapped potential at this club just waiting for the right man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
Maringer
October 6, 2014, 8:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
We've got a play-off level budget and have duly reached the play-offs in the past two seasons. Still think we ought to be able to reach them once again this year without too many problems but our current run of indifferent form can't continue much longer if this is to happen. Lots and lots of time to sort things out but we've simply got to get some more capable attacking players into the squad by hook or crook. You just can't run a professional football team without any reserve strikers (barring the young lad Oates) or any reserve wingers on the bench.

If the defence was looking as solid as at the start of the season, we might have been able to get away with this weakness in the squad, but we've been shipping soft goals here and there ever since the departure of Boyce. Only hope things improve soon in this respect as well, hopefully with the return of Aswad in due course?

Just have my fingers-crossed that Hurst can finally get an attacker or two in on loan. I realise it is probably more difficult to get capable attacking players on loan, but it is ridiculous that he has been looking for months without any success other than signing an almost untested teenager from Barnsley!

I don't think it likely that Fenty, sorry, the board will get rid of Hurst before the end of October, barring a catastrophic run of results over the next couple of weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
ponnyfan
October 6, 2014, 8:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
This post and others like it are the main reason I rarely post on here these days. Still enjoy the POM  and Les' s competitions,but  I can't stand the aggressive tone, of a lot of the posts.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
Garth
October 6, 2014, 9:43am

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from ponnyfan
This post and others like it are the main reason I rarely post on here these days. Still enjoy the POM  and Les' s competitions,but  I can't stand the aggressive tone, of a lot of the posts.

Theres always Enid Blyton to fall back on, I like Hurst`s Grim`s fairy tales
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
kingster72
October 6, 2014, 11:35am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
Quoted from 1739

Yeah and who is responsible for us being 11th in the conference?  Only one man and how anyone can defend Fenty, I just don't get it?  People need to get real and see the problem this club has had in the last 10 years.  Speak to ex players, managers and potential investors and you'll realise what/who is the reason we are where we are!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
Maringer
October 6, 2014, 12:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I always have a little chuckle whenever I see comments about attracting new 'investors'. What we're actually looking for is wealthy people willing to donate money to the club as there is no real chance of any return on investment into a lower division team. Heck, is there any real return on investment for any team regardless of the division these days? The biggest Premier League clubs are the playthings of billionaires who have become bored of buying new superyachts to display their wealth. The smaller (yet still big) Premier League/Championship clubs are often owned by wealthy foreigners who are looking to put some of their money in a different country and I don't think anyone really expects any return on investment.

Obviously, with Fenty having substantial loans to the club, no other wealthy individuals are going to want to chuck some money in as well. Even if Fenty were to write off these loans and depart, I tend to doubt you would get anyone else coming in flashing the cash.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
Garth
October 6, 2014, 2:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Maringer
I always have a little chuckle whenever I see comments about attracting new 'investors'. What we're actually looking for is wealthy people willing to donate money to the club as there is no real chance of any return on investment into a lower division team. Heck, is there any real return on investment for any team regardless of the division these days? The biggest Premier League clubs are the playthings of billionaires who have become bored of buying new superyachts to display their wealth. The smaller (yet still big) Premier League/Championship clubs are often owned by wealthy foreigners who are looking to put some of their money in a different country and I don't think anyone really expects any return on investment.

Obviously, with Fenty having substantial loans to the club, no other wealthy individuals are going to want to chuck some money in as well. Even if Fenty were to write off these loans and depart, I tend to doubt you would get anyone else coming in flashing the cash.

It is funny though to look at any football club as a means of making money especially non league it just does not happen,  its a myth its more a matter of love and loyalty same as most of us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
Maringer
October 6, 2014, 2:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I suppose it's just the way that the term 'invest' is always used. I doubt that anybody is expecting a return, but it seems the wrong word to use to me. I think the only time you get people actually expecting a return it is the dodgy geezers looking to get control of the land on which the stadium is situated. There have been plenty of them over the years. The fact that the land under BP is worth sodomist all certainly hasn't helped our attempts to relocate. Call me cynical, but if there had been the opportunity to build a big supermarket or expensive housing development on the site of BP, I'm sure that a number of councillors would have found themselves voting positively for a move. For unspecified reasons, of course.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 6, 2014, 3:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Ken bates did ok out of chelsea
And Leeds

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
Maringer
October 6, 2014, 3:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I've heard it said that Ken Bates is a bit of a crook. Erm, allegedly?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
grimsby pete
October 6, 2014, 4:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from ponnyfan

You can always have a go on my Town Prediction thread Mike.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
Marinerz93
October 6, 2014, 6:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from Maringer

You must have fell off your chair and stayed on the ground for hours after MP invested 500K in the club and then again when he invested a further £500k after he left the board.  What must have spilt your sides is that he didn't loan the club money, he bought shares, with real money, no loans no debts  

The MP shares fiasco is why no one has invested since he left, laugh all you like but something at the club stinks and it's rotting it's way through the club.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
Rodley Mariner
October 6, 2014, 6:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
I think you misunderstand him. It's not an investment MP made, more a donation. Investment suggests making money in the long term and anybody wanting to do that probably wouldn't pick a non-league football club. Hence we need a benefactor as who would invest in us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
Marinerz93
October 6, 2014, 6:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I think you misunderstand him. It's not an investment MP made, more a donation. Investment suggests making money in the long term and anybody wanting to do that probably wouldn't pick a non-league football club. Hence we need a benefactor as who would invest in us?

The call for help wasn't for people to loan the club money so it was a call to buy shares, shares are assets and people invest in shares all the time.

The best time to invest in shares is when they are at rock bottom, Town are currently rock bottom, an investors dream.

I do appreciate what you both are saying, I'm just a bit tired, best go for a nap  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst gone followed by Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.