Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 267 Guests

Replacemeant for Hurst

This thread currently has 12,077 views. Print
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
October 4, 2014, 7:06pm
Guest User
If Hurst is to go who do we want?

Gary Brabin would be the ideal, short term, cheap option for the rest of the season.

Neil Aspin, Gary Mills, Justin Edinburgh, Richard Money, Graham Westley, Dave Penney, Martin Allen,  Chris Wilder would all be ambitious appointments but would take a lot of tempting.

We will hear Paul Trollope, Micky Adams and Ronnie Moore floating around but for me we want a manager who has non league experience just for the simple reason any manager who has been promoted out of this division has a few years experience in non league before getting out of the division.

jonnyboy82
October 4, 2014, 7:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
steve burr wouldn't be to hard to get away from chester I don't think, did well at kiddy by playing good football and can always spot a player but has not done to well at chester but I like him.

Ronnie moore a good shout but don't think he would fancy it here tbh.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 103
Chrisblor
October 4, 2014, 7:09pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
Wouldn't be averse to Ronnie Moore if he'd come here

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 103
Nelly GTFC
October 4, 2014, 7:12pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from 1739
Neil Aspin, Gary Mills, Justin Edinburgh, Richard Money, Graham Westley, Dave Penney, Martin Allen,  Chris Wilder would all be ambitious appointments but would take a lot of tempting.
Stating the obvious, but the ones I've highlighted are at league 2 clubs, no offense but why on Earth would they want to come here at all? If we had millions to spend then yeah maybe, but we haven't.

Gary Mills, and definitely Martin Allen for sure woudn't come here, he's got the best chance of adding a promotion to his CV as champions of the conference premier.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 103
October 4, 2014, 7:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from jonnyboy82
steve burr wouldn't be to hard to get away from chester I don't think, did well at kiddy by playing good football and can always spot a player but has not done to well at chester but I like him.

Ronnie moore a good shout but don't think he would fancy it here tbh.

Moore is 61, does he know much about this level of football? Also not sure his style of football would be appreciated at Town but he'd be in the mix for me. He was sacked at Tranmere for a £2 acca. Burr has been offered the Town job, or an interview at least and declined so he can do one.
Reply: 4 - 103
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 4, 2014, 7:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 1739
If Hurst is to go who do we want?

Gary Brabin would be the ideal, short term, cheap option for the rest of the season.

We will hear Paul Trollope, Micky Adams and Ronnie Moore floating around but for me we want a manager who has non league experience just for the simple reason any manager who has been promoted out of this division has a few years experience in non league before getting out of the division.

All other things being equal I would probably go for Dave Penney. He did an excellent job at Doncaster and knows lower leagues football. The question mark would be - why is he nowadays only assistant manager at Southend?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 103
ackomariner
October 4, 2014, 7:17pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Steve burr for me

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 103
promotion plaice
October 4, 2014, 7:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
My money's on the mighty mariner.

He's cheap and knows the club inside out.

Looking forward to his interviews with Hullberside.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 103
October 4, 2014, 7:23pm
Guest User
With Ronnie Moores recent troubles I hope we keep away. Although he had 2 promotions 16 years ago he hasn't done much since and he doesn't have conference experience which I think is key. Can you name me a manager from the conference who has been a success without having at least 1 year of non league experience before going into a job. John Still and Richard Money both had plenty of experience in the conference before getting promoted last year. Justin Edingburugh had 6 years before he got promoted at Newport. Paul Cox had 6 years at Eastwood before getting promoted. Steve had 8 years. Gary Mills,  Chris Wilder, John Coleman all had plenty previously before being successful at this level. I would keep away from Burr, he assembled a decent squad for that one season which Kiddy almost did it but Hurst has got us to the play-offs twice which Burr has only done once.
Reply: 8 - 103
Vance Warner
October 4, 2014, 7:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 102
This thread shows our lack of realistic options - depressing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 103
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Replacemeant for Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.