Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I don't think......
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 147 Guests

I don't think......

This thread currently has 2,421 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
October 1, 2014, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Now, LJL certainly didn't play at all well last night, but from some of the comments on here, you'd think he missed two open goals.

The chance in the first half was from a tight angle, on his weaker left foot and he hit it cleanly, just not well enough to beat the keeper (should have gone far post instead of near post). The second was further out, against on his left foot and again not at an easy angle. Unfortunately, he missed the target, but it wasn't going far wide and their keeper and got his hand to it (the ref missed the clear corner, of course).

Two tricky chances and certainly not easy!

A lot of players from all the teams have been slipping and sliding over in the past couple of games. Probably down to moulded studs when they should be wearing screw-ins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
Marinerz93
October 1, 2014, 11:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
You know when you go out and warm up before a game if you are going to need screw in studs or not, school boy stuff so a very poor excuse.  

There are many variables to what determines a good striker, I am yet to be convinced that LJL qualifies in any of those said variables.  I like his work ethic but he just doesn't tick any of those variables for me on a consistent level.

We have got too many inconsistent players.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
barralad
October 1, 2014, 11:22pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from gtfc82
I wondered if the Telegraph's reporter was actually at the match, as he gave Mackreth the MOM. He apparantly "frightened" Southport with his pace! Complete rubbish! Mackreth did what he always does...either get blocked off trying to run down the flank or taking the ball infield and getting nowhere!

Harsh on his second half performance where he gave their left back a torrid time. Why he didn't do it in the first half God alone knows

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
grimsby pete
October 1, 2014, 11:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I think Hurst said the pitch was very dry,

Do we not own a hose pipe ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
Maringer
October 1, 2014, 11:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from Marinerz93
You know when you go out and warm up before a game if you are going to need screw in studs or not, school boy stuff so a very poor excuse.

No excuse involved there. A lot of players have been slipping and sliding at BP in recent weeks and there must be some reason for it. Rooney's brother fell on his bottom a few times on Saturday as well.

It's something you see at even the top level of football so it is obviously not too much schoolboy stuff, not least because I doubt most schoolboys own more than one pair of boots! I certainly didn't back in the distant past!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
grimsby pete
October 1, 2014, 11:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Its going to rain at the week end,

So if we get enough on Monday and Tuesday as well,

The pitch should be in good condition for the next home game,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I don't think......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.