5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 1, 2014, 8:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Surely the voice of the trust, is in reality the voice of the trust members?

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
cleethorpes_mariner
October 1, 2014, 8:50am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Caesar

I would deride a poll on the Fishy, it is a survey of particularly interested fans populating one corner of the internet, and also can people vote twice in it? I don't know about the last point, am genuinely asking.

I didn't vote in any poll as I am completely on the fence.  Not sure either way but certainly agree there is a split amongst the fans on Hurst.  The one thing I hope is not to read any posts wanting us to lose so he will go.  I hope all on here and at the games will hope that Hurst proves us wrong and not want him out so badly they start opposing the team.  

Yes if you clear your cookies after each vote you can vote as many times as you like, This was pointed out when the yes vote jumped by over 200 in one night but the fishy itself only had a hand full of users logged in.
If you polled the fans after last nights game you would get a big yes vote but would you have got the same result a week ago, not a chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
Quagmire
October 1, 2014, 8:52am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Surely the voice of the trust, is in reality the voice of the trust members?

How can they represent Trust members if they are unwilling to ask for Trust members' opinions?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
grimsby pete
October 1, 2014, 10:49am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Quagmire

How can they represent Trust members if they are unwilling to ask for Trust members' opinions?

I was going to say, I am a member of the Trust,

Nobody has asked me for my opinion yet,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
grimps
October 1, 2014, 11:16am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Quagmire

I said when they was first appointed that they was just Anoraks in cheap suits , They  have done intercourse all for the fans other than talk about bringing flasks in the ground.
Like someone said most the fans in the supporters club and trust ect are the rose tinted specs mob , most of the other have just stopped going  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
Quagmire
October 1, 2014, 11:24am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from grimps

I said when they was first appointed that they was just Anoraks in cheap suits , They  have done intercourse all for the fans other than talk about bringing flasks in the ground.
Like someone said most the fans in the supporters club and trust ect are the rose tinted specs mob , most of the other have just stopped going  

Even if they did ask Trust members for their views so they could represent those views when the back or sack Hurst board meeting comes up - which it will - it doesn't really matter.  Ultimately what JF wants, JF will get.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2014, 11:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Quagmire

Even if they did ask Trust members for their views so they could represent those views when the back or sack Hurst board meeting comes up - which it will - it doesn't really matter.  Ultimately what JF wants, JF will get.

Well what he won't get is promotion, growing gate receipts or justification for a new stadium with that shower of shite from last night. What he will get is further criticism from those of us who are fed up with the tide going further out. In fact, if it goes much further out, the North Sea will become a desert.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
TownSNAFU5
October 1, 2014, 11:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41

I understand many of the above comments and share many of the frustrations expressed.

However, the performance last Sat was very good.  This does not gel with many of the above comments.  Newcastle for instance have had a long run of poor results and the manager is still in post.

Our home form is very poor.  What does not help are recent headlines in the Telegraph:

"Grimsby Town chiefs aim to make Blundell Park a fortress

By Grimsby Telegraph  |  Posted: September 29, 2014"

Similar to the last few seasons, these headlines are always about what the team and club are going to do, not what they have done.  It just tempts fate.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
Tangerine Chris
October 1, 2014, 11:55am
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
What is really frustrating about Mr Hurst is statements like he made in the post match interview.  He stated that GTFC are "still in with a chance of the playoffs"  Well excuse me, the team in position 1 are only 10 points ahead of us, his ambition would be to replace them as 10 points is easily within reach IF he stops messing with the team

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
MuddyWaters
October 1, 2014, 11:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
My first game of the season last night but watched what was a re-run of many games last season. From what I've read, only twice have we really performed at home this seaso, with Welling being an adequate.  2 good home performances out of 7 is just not good enough
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I think it's time now John

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.