This thread currently has 12,012 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Caesar
October 1, 2014, 7:35am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
Noticed a few posts celebrating Hurst proving critics wrong on Saturday, why am I not surprised to see this thread today?  It is quite dull to go from Hursty for knighthood, to Hurst for the sack threads depending on the result.  

I am trying to keep the faith and have generally been a backer of Hurst, my general view is to agree with davmariner.  Also I never know who we get who we think will be better.

However I am starting to lose confidence in Hurst, after the playoff defeat last year I said we needed more for Hurst to keep his job, in flashes we have but then at times it sounds like same old.  And while we should respect the opposition we should have the confidence we can go out there and beat them, all the successful teams have that swagger in them, we do not seem to.  

In all fairness though I have not seen us live for a little while, am going on Saturday so will reserve a judgement until then, but I am getting very fed up of our form at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 115
OneLove
October 1, 2014, 8:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
A change would be better now than later on. It baffles me that we made teams worried about us from the gateshead game to welling then when we play lincoln the whole system changes and we play into the oppositions arms like we are the worried ones. This is what I carnt hack, so the sooner hursty is replaced the better. I carnt see us getting anywhere near a play off place with him in charge and the likes of Torquay, barnet, bristol, wrexham, halifax up there.

Alan alger must be kicking himself putting us as his favourites to win the league!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 115
ackomariner
October 1, 2014, 9:41am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Forgive us. We should have had the bunting out and given Hurst the Freedom of the Borough* (which I believe is the right to drive haddock across Corporation Bridge if I'm not mistaken).

* fill in your own punchline about Grimsby Borough

Have a pop mate, that's upto you. Do me a favour and read my posts from last December and you'll know what side of the fence I'm on.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 115
ackomariner
October 1, 2014, 9:42am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from barralad

I think you might find Ackos opinion is broadly in line with your own....but then I guess that's what happens when you quote a post out of any context....

Thx for that  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 115
Jarmo.Is.God
October 1, 2014, 9:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
ive always been a hurst fan.

but he does better in away games than home.

when we are struggling at home, he simply swaps players, not the formation.

today showed why we wont get out this league.

and in his Post match interview, he never mentioned winning the league, just the play-offs.

so if we out of the race for automatic after 14? games, then it shows he needs to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 115
OneLove
October 1, 2014, 9:55am
Table Wine Drinker
agree jarmo!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 115
RonMariner
October 1, 2014, 10:03am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
There is no running away from the fact that this was an unspeakably bad result against team with only one win in  the last six games.

For third time this season we have thrown away home points against very poor opposition.  It is not the form of serious play off contenders. We are over a quarter of the way through the season and still appear inconsistent and woefully short of ideas against even mediocre opposition.

I was optimistic when the season started, given the new signings. But now I just don't think we have the players or the management,  capable of the sustained consistency that would be needed to catch the leaders and top this division given the pace they are setting. So I see the probability of automatic promotion to be close to zero.

Can we make the play offs? It is of course still possible. But it will be tough. Let's not forget we took four points from our last two, very tough, away games.   But on current home form we simply will not make it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 115
GrimRob
October 1, 2014, 10:07am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
We oscillate between such extremes on here it's ridiculous. The reality is we have some good results, we have some bad results, like every team. Freak results happen every week in this division - in every division - that's what makes football so interesting. If PH doesn't make the play-offs this year then by all means let's consider someone else but while we are in a position where we might achieve something (and we're still in the hunt for every possible prize, including automatic promotion) then we should stick with the course wer're on. Considering the horrendous injury problems we've had we're not in that bad a position IMHO. Yes some people might pick a different side, but that's always going to be the case, and it's easy to say with hindsight. We did well without LJL in the team, we have quite a poor record when he starts as the stats pages on the Fishy show, as well as the consensus of anecdotal opinion on here it seems to me. Hopefully he'll go back to a winning forumula at Dartford.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 115
RonMariner
October 1, 2014, 10:13am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
'Some good results,  some bad results'.

That is true. That's the problem. It's called inconsistency.  That will not get us out of this division.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 115
OneLove
October 1, 2014, 10:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Last night I stopped to give an old lady in a town scarf a lift as she was waiting at a bus stop, presuming she was going to the game and she was. 84 years old and having to go watch that shower of shite, getting on a bus for an hour there and back in the cold been following town since she was 16 year of age. I'd like anyone to challenge her opinions on what she thinks of town at this moment! We are in a rut, fans should be walking away from blundell park happy not angered most of the time because we either scraped a result or we played shite and lost to a part time team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Goodbye Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.