ginnywings
September 28, 2014, 8:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Vance Warner

Maybe people have read all the negative remarks on the fishy and decided not to bother. This is why people who are overly negative are more of a risk to our season than those who are overly positive. That is why people get exasperated with some posters on here and can't resist a little gloat when we win a game.

The only negativity i can see is that directed at the Hurst doubters by those of you who take an opposite view. Doubting Hursts abilities is not negative IMO, as i have repeated over and over again. It is merely a viewpoint shared by some and not by others.

I very much doubt that anyone decides to stay away from BP because of perceived negative remarks on a football forum  I know plenty of Town fans and to my knowledge, none of them are members of this forum. Most of them have no faith in Hurst. That is a fact whether you like it or not.

This debate seems to have no point to it. We all want Town to do well but some think that it will take a change for that to be realised and some don't. Where is the negativity in that? It doesn't stop me or others supporting the team in the meantime, which i do at BP. I don't direct any abuse at the the players or the manager but use this forum to air my thoughts. Isn't that what a forum is for?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 100
September 28, 2014, 9:04am
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33
Quarrelling after victories and good performances, and sniping is my beef.

Then maybe you're a hippocrite by quarrelling and sniping with the OP.

You were the first in line to react.

Perhaps he shouldn't have posted or in the way he did but I can at least understand why he did.
I'm certainly not gonna stand idly by after you decided to stick your two penneth in suppposedly taking him to task.
If you wanted to avoid tension you could have said nowt, but you jumped straight in.
Quoted from chaos33
Some of you are hypocrites and you've just underlined my point. In your case, provoking even more tension and 'pressure on Hurst' as you call it with another poll on whether he should be sacked or not didn't help either did it?

Judging by 3 points it didn't hurt either so it's irrelevant.

If you're telling me the so called "tension" is all down to those who feel the need to defend the manager when they see him coming under fire (not that I was trying to defend him by sticking the poll up, merely curious as to the numbers), then I disagree they're to blame.

Why you give a toss about this so called "tension" between posters like it's some sort of competition to be proven right and not just simply whether the manager and the team is being supported (to give us the best chance) I've no idea !

What's the problem, is trying to be successful by pulling together too boring ?
Any idea it's all down to the manager and fans play no part is bonkers IMO.
Quoted from chaos33
I take no advice from you, and you're not even correct in your references to what I supposedly think or have posted. And I'm now angry with myself as I'd resolved not to respond directly to your sanctimonious guff.

At least you admit you've no self control.
Reply: 21 - 100
friskneymariner
September 28, 2014, 9:07am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
I would say that inertia resulting from apathy is far more toxic than any negative posters.This is a discussion board,posters are allowed to have contrary opinions or must everybody subscribe to the same opinion?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 100
Rick12
September 28, 2014, 9:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
But it is a fact - when we win the number of comments drops dramatically
That's what a bit of positive energy does  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 100
chaos33
September 28, 2014, 9:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from ginnywings

The only negativity i can see is that directed at the Hurst doubters by those of you who take an opposite view. Doubting Hursts abilities is not negative IMO, as i have repeated over and over again. It is merely a viewpoint shared by some and not by others.

I very much doubt that anyone decides to stay away from BP because of perceived negative remarks on a football forum  I know plenty of Town fans and to my knowledge, none of them are members of this forum. Most of them have no faith in Hurst. That is a fact whether you like it or not.

This debate seems to have no point to it. We all want Town to do well but some think that it will take a change for that to be realised and some don't. Where is the negativity in that? It doesn't stop me or others supporting the team in the meantime, which i do at BP. I don't direct any abuse at the the players or the manager but use this forum to air my thoughts. Isn't that what a forum is for?

Agree totally.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 100
Rodley Mariner
September 28, 2014, 9:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Hungry, hungry hippocrites.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 100
chaos33
September 28, 2014, 9:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Lol

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 100
September 28, 2014, 9:32am
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
Would really love it if we went storming up the league and Hurst proved all us doubters wrong. I just don't think he will.

Fair enough we've all got our opinions but any fan of any manager in the BSP could say the same and most probably be proved right.

If you asked me to bet my life on whether Hurst is gonna take us up this season (odds 9/2), I'd guess no too.
But that's not what "supporting" is about is it ?
I don't mean blind faith, just saying it's always easier to doubt things than to trust them. (especially as a Town fan !).

Even if Mourinho came in to BP next season on the same budget, pretty sure I could still look at oddchecker pre-season and say
"Chances are we won't win the league."
Reply: 27 - 100
barralad
September 28, 2014, 9:43am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from ginnywings

Sorry to hear you've been unwell mate. Hope its been nothing too serious. The way I see it is that the two camps have become entrenched in their views and as such opinion is unlikely to be swayed. Personally I wouldn't have started a thread such as this because it is, to be frank, pointless. The team put forward Hurst's case very well yesterday and, at the end of the day, that is what really matters-not the opinions of a bunch of fans on both sides of the debate. I made the point a while back that us individuals who frequent this message board can be guilty of believing that what we actually say is of huge importance when in truth we form only a very small minority of the regular fan base and the majority have no idea that this debate is ongoing. The respect I have for posters on here comes from what they say-not which camp they fall into in this particular debate. I guess I'll never be able to square the circle in my own mind regarding people having very strong opinions who don't actually witness the events they are talking about first hand. Does that make their opinions invalid? I guess not but try getting a conviction in court based on the evidence of witnesses who weren't present when the offence took place!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 100
barralad
September 28, 2014, 9:46am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Hungry, hungry hippocrites.

Easily the most sensible comment on the whole thread.......

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawling back into woodwork

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.