Marinerz93
September 27, 2014, 11:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/vy8bdl.gif[/IMG]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 100
chaos33
September 28, 2014, 12:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
When certain posters on here give certain players hell/abuse ie The Shop and constantly post negative things about the manager. Some of the posters actually wanted the team to lose at Halifax yet my post having a tongue in cheek dig back at such posters is described as Toxic/sunk to new lows........
Oh well the joys of differing opinions on how you support your team! UTM

In my experience, people who say their remarks are 'tongue in cheek' are usually trying to backtrack. Not all crticism is 'abuse' or 'hell', and I think that it was one person who said that, in some respects, he wanted the team to lose at Halifax. Let's not overstate or overdramatise the situation. Why do we need this at all? It's negative. If you think 'supporting your team' means jibing at other Town fans, that makes you as bad as those you accuse.

Can't we just have an open and edifying discussion on (say), the ways in which we've improved as a team - in our taking of corners today for instance, or praising the team for it's excellent work rate etc etc?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 100
GrimRob
September 28, 2014, 12:03am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,402
Gold Stars: 113
Let's have a moan that we're not moaning

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 100
bobbyturtle
September 28, 2014, 12:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
As for me, i'm crawling back to my beer.

i really hope ph can do it, i just lack a little faith at the moment.

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 100
September 28, 2014, 5:47am
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33
You people are more toxic than the posters you slate as 'negative' or 'haters'!

Not in terms of the success of GTFC IMO.

Quoted from chaos33
Aren't we all happy that we're playing well and winning/not losing?

Well perhaps a few aren't, maybe that's his whole point !

To be fair chaos, you're part of the "ramp up the pressure on Hurst" contingent.

If you really cared about avoiding quarrels, perhaps you wouldn't be agreeing with everyone who was complaining and fuelling the doubts at almost every available opportunity.

I notice it didn't take you very long to insist we win on Tuesday and talk about 9 points.
Yes we know we there's pressure and importance to win each game.
Do we really need to be told how important it is after EVERY sodding game ?  

Quoted from chaos33
If we lose a couple, and then half a dozen come on here posting taunts at those that predicted we would win, would that make for good content?

In light of the result today, do all those calls for the manager to be sacked make for good content ?!!  
Guess you'll say nothings been proven yet etc etc.

Has it ever occurred to anyone it might be more helpful to keep any doubts to oneself if there aren't "constructive solutions" ?
Personally I don't consider the sacking of Hurst to be constructive in terms of how much of the budget would be eaten up.
Reply: 14 - 100
September 28, 2014, 5:58am
Guest User
Quoted from KingstonMariner
What the intercourse do you want?

Just personally what I'd like is for the doubters to have a little self reflection (just for a change !) and think twice before making the same old arguments (some ridiculous) every time we don't win in the future.
And when we do, not to ramp up the pressure even further.

It's not like there aren't plenty of examples where doubts have been raised and we've bounced back under Hurst.

Course if people simply want to be proved right that "I knew Hurst wouldn't do it", then it's a different story.
pontoonlew seems to care more about 80sglory claiming he was right (where and about what I'm not sure !) than his own team winning.
Can't get more toxic than that...

Quoted from moosey_club
everyone loves a moan..xx

Inevitably there's more always more discussion when things aren't working than when they are.
It's not that fans shouldn't complain or criticize per se.
More that it becomes a toxic habit that is often repeated until it bears little resemblence to reality.
It's my impression that as a club, we often seem to win when gates are down.
Co-incidence ?

Quoted from GrimRob
Let's have a moan that we're not moaning

It's a fair point.
But for me it's more a case of how it might have been "mistaken" to complain in the first place.
Not that I expect anyone to ever be right by any means !
But after 50+ moans that are still yet to be proven correct, I'd expect a little soul searching next time round.

To be fair there wasn't a lot of complaining after Aldershot.
Although equally, we'd just won 6-1 and 7-0 and it didn't last very long after that..
I hope the OP agrees with me when I say I'd loved to be proved wrong the next time it happens.
Reply: 15 - 100
ginnywings
September 28, 2014, 6:35am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
I've been quite ill. Is that allowed or do you need a note from my Doctor?

I'm not a fan of Hurst and along with most of the Town fans i know, think we will never achieve our goals under him. I can't for the life of me understand why my view is deemed negative. I want what is best for my club and i am of the opinion that Hurst cannot provide it. I get the same feeling from Hurst that i got from Slade, another manager that never cut it for me. Competent but ultimately not got that force of nature that winners have.

I've not seen Town since we capitulated against Torquay but am really chuffed we have picked up the pace since then. Would really love it if we went storming up the league and Hurst proved all us doubters wrong. I just don't think he will. That is my opinion and i have every right to express it. The fact that there is such a split over Hurst tells it's own story for me. He has never quite convinced the sceptics and there is definitely a tailing off in the attendances the last few games. New season optimism waning would account for that.

Finally, there is a definite "them and us" element about the fishy at the moment and i for one am not posting as much because of it. This thread being a case in point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 100
chaos33
September 28, 2014, 7:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from 120797

Not in terms of the success of GTFC IMO.

Well perhaps a few aren't, maybe that's his whole point !

To be fair chaos, you're part of the "ramp up the pressure on Hurst" contingent.

If you really cared about avoiding quarrels, perhaps you wouldn't be agreeing with everyone who was complaining and fuelling the doubts at almost every available opportunity.

I notice it didn't take you very long to insist we win on Tuesday and talk about 9 points.
Yes we know we there's pressure and importance to win each game.
Do we really need to be told how important it is after EVERY sodding game ?  

In light of the result today, do all those calls for the manager to be sacked make for good content ?!!  
Guess you'll say nothings been proven yet etc etc.

Has it ever occurred to anyone it might be more helpful to keep any doubts to oneself if there aren't "constructive solutions" ?
Personally I don't consider the sacking of Hurst to be constructive in terms of how much of the budget would be eaten up.

You miss the point. Probably deliberately. Quarrelling after victories and good performances, and sniping is my beef. You talk about 'self reflection', but just look at this thread title. Some of you are hypocrites and you've just underlined my point. In your case, provoking even more tension and 'pressure on Hurst' as you call it with another poll on whether he should be sacked or not didn't help either did it? And you call me 'part of the ramp up the pressure on Hurst contingent'!! You fool.

I take no advice from you, and you're not even correct in your references to what I supposedly think or have posted. And I'm now angry with myself as I'd resolved not to respond directly to your sanctimonious guff.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 100
DocTower
September 28, 2014, 7:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Ginnywings says it all ,
Happy when we win  ,  angry when we loose. Human nature that we want to blame someone or something , be it player , manager , the ref , the weather etc . We all have our favorite player ,  and the one who we love to make a mistake . It's the nature of the game , not just here at Grimsby .

There's going to be more highs and lows before April 2015  ,  so enjoy the good times while they are here as we haven't had many over the past 12 years .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 100
Vance Warner
September 28, 2014, 8:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,786
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from ginnywings

He has never quite convinced the sceptics and there is definitely a tailing off in the attendances the last few games.

Maybe people have read all the negative remarks on the fishy and decided not to bother. This is why people who are overly negative are more of a risk to our season than those who are overly positive. That is why people get exasperated with some posters on here and can't resist a little gloat when we win a game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawling back into woodwork

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.