5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
timmo
September 29, 2014, 1:45pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +58
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Just been looking at the dates for the Trophy  ( http://www.thefa.com/fa-trophy/more/round-dates )

The first two rounds we're already scheduled to play in, que sera sera, but from round 3 onwards even if we don't make progress some of our opponents might do, so while we might not go looking for fixture congestion it could still happen if our original fixtures have to be rescheduled owing to the opposition being on duty in the Trophy themselves

First Round Proper  Saturday 13 December 2014
Second Round Proper  Saturday 10 January 2015
Third Round Proper  Saturday 24 January 2015                          NUNEATON A
Fourth Round Proper  Saturday 7 February 2015                        FOREST GREEN A
Semi Final 1  Saturday 21 February 2015                                    BARNET A
Semi Final 2  Saturday 28 February 2015                                    BRAINTREE H
Final  Sunday 29 March 2015                                                       WELLING A

Having read this thread and people saying about fixture congestion even with others progressing. My view is yes we might have fixtures postponed but rather than us having to play Saturday then Tuesday. We would only play Tuesday giving us time to get over knocks etc.

For the record play the fringe players all the way through and see how far we go.

Timmo
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 43
September 29, 2014, 6:29pm
Guest User
Thanks Mike.
Yes, here's the download link for the rules:
http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/pdf/fa-competitions-1415/the-fa-trophy-rules-2014-2015.ashx

I notice it says...
11.b.ii.
When a first match has resulted in a draw, it must be replayed on the following Thursday, unless the Clubs mutually agree to an earlier day.

Regards abandoned matches, same thing applies if it's the "first match".
If it's an abandoned replay, it's up to the FA when to play it.

Conclusion ?
We don't really need to worry about fixture congestion Saturdays until Round 3
Guess midweek replays won't clash.

What worries me a lot more is rule 15 a)
"Each team participating in a match shall represent the full available strength of each competing Club."

But whether this means you have to play your strongest team, I'd doubt it ?
I just wonder whether it means the youth team is a no no ? I'm really not sure !

I see there are also " 7 .Provisions for withdrawing from the competition" (even after playing in it)
But who knows what minefield of trouble that would cause.
It certainly means you won't get in the competition next year.
Not that we'll need to anyway !
Reply: 41 - 43
Abdul19
September 29, 2014, 8:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
The team at home to Coalville was:

McKeown: Bignot, Doig, Humble, Hatton; Colbeck, Thanoj, McLaughlin, Winfarrah; Southwell and Cook.

Subs: Pearson, Neilson, Hannah, Charlsworth and Walker.

So they obviously don't kick you out for not playing your 'strongest' team. (Only the players in bold ended up starting at least half our league games)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 43
September 29, 2014, 9:26pm
Guest User
Yes thanks for that.

So basically, Winfarrah, Humble, Charlsworth and Walker were "youth" players at the time.
So no worries fielding 11 youths then (if we wanted to) ?
Have to say I'm not 100% convinced if only because it could be subjective from an FA point of view.
Maybe they thought there were enough first teamers in there to constitute a full strength side ?

To be honest that team still looks too strong to me !
I know the lesser players need game time but if say Macca had been injured (or does) it's arguably a disaster we could have avoided.

Reply: 43 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next three Saturdays

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.