This thread currently has 6,591 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
northbankmariner
September 26, 2014, 5:24pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Just seen dj Campbell has signed for Maidenhead, Crikey he was playing in the championship last year, still only 32 and was reasonably pacey. I know he doesn't fit hursty's big target man mould but Crikey good strikers capable of scoring goals ARE out there. He needs to re think his strategy if you ask me. We have a good hold up man in LJL we don't need another we need finishers to put the ball in the net. Another striker who would have been an amazing signing for town who was just looking for a club to snap him up. I am patient but even I am getting fed up reading about the likes of Jolley and dj Campbell going to other non league clubs

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 63
northbankmariner
September 26, 2014, 5:26pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Just seen dj Campbell has signed for Maidenhead, Crikey he was playing in the championship last year, still only 32 and was reasonably pacey. I know he doesn't fit hursty's big target man mould but Crikey good strikers capable of scoring goals ARE out there. He needs to re think his strategy if you ask me. We have a good hold up man in LJL we don't need another we need finishers to put the ball in the net. Another striker who would have been an amazing signing for town who was just looking for a club to snap him up. I am patient but even I am getting fed up reading about the likes of Jolley and dj Campbell going to other non league clubs

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 63
Mariner Ronnie
September 26, 2014, 5:30pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Another thread which has been turned into a dig at hurst!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 63
Maringer
September 26, 2014, 5:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,142
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from MuddyWaters

If Hannah is so brainy, why does he spend so much time offside?

I was thinking more about the 'battering ram' part!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 63
Grantham_Mariner
September 26, 2014, 6:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Hope they mess the paperwork up and get another 3pts deducted...

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 63
Garth
September 26, 2014, 6:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Another thread which has been turned into a dig at hurst!

In the ribs I hope, next time a decent striker becomes available
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 63
Abdul19
September 26, 2014, 6:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
The DJ Campbell example is pointless.

"The move came about due to the close relationship Campbell has with Maidenhead manager Johnson Hippolyte. Although he began his career in the Aston Villa youth team, Campbell dropped out of football, only for Hippolyte to spot him opposite his home playing with friends in Hammersmith Park."

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 63
Vance Warner
September 26, 2014, 6:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
We need to accept that the further down the football pyramid we fall the bigger a problem our location is. Why would you want to live in digs all week when you could live at home for not much less money? Blame Hurst though for this though, he should have invented a teleporter by now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 63
September 26, 2014, 6:54pm
Guest User
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
It is not all about geography.  Wrexham have signed striker Dan Holman on loan from Colchester.  Wrexham is about as far away from Colchester as you can get in England.

However...... If they were the only club interested then holman didn't really have a choice to make. If Barnet came in then it may have been a different club he signed for

Holmes the Colchester manager also has history with Wrexham. It's who you know in this game.

In terms of Holman. I guess hurst sees him as a similar player to Hannah. Hannah doesn't fit into our system at the moment. All he probably wants to do is sign a forward that fits into our system.
Reply: 38 - 63
MuddyWaters
September 26, 2014, 7:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from 3610

However...... If they were the only club interested then holman didn't really have a choice to make. If Barnet came in then it may have been a different club he signed for

Holmes the Colchester manager also has history with Wrexham. It's who you know in this game.

In terms of Holman. I guess hurst sees him as a similar player to Hannah. Hannah doesn't fit into our system at the moment. All he probably wants to do is sign a forward that fits into our system.

He'll need a different striker every game then  
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.