6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
September 18, 2014, 11:28am Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +52 / -11
Approval: +8,066
Quoted from grimsby pete

I agree with you on this one, in this league you do need a strong person up front,

He does not have to be 6ft 3in but able to withstand a battering from the thugs that call themselves defenders,

Not that our defenders are thugs mind you.

Pearson isn't a thug, but he could certainly take up wrestling if his footballing career doesn't work out! I'm always amazed that we don't concede more penalties at corners from his endless grappling. I know everyone seems to be at it these days, but surely the referees are going to begin do something about it at some point?

Pittman did reasonably well up front on his own because he is strong and compact and had a good leap so he could manage to win some headers. If not a big targetman, we certainly need somebody with this sort of strength who can cope with the buffeting from the meaty defenders in the Conference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
Rick12
September 18, 2014, 11:37am Report to Moderator

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +33 / -2
Approval: +479
Wouldent mind Enoch Showunmi in.Know Lincoln are interested but would be a good signing in my opinion bearing in mind what I have heard about him  

Light overcomes all darkness   
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
September 18, 2014, 11:44am Report to Moderator
Guest User
I rate Adam Cunnington, what's he up to?
Reply: 22 - 50
denni266
September 18, 2014, 11:51am Report to Moderator

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +11 / -12
Approval: +231
not realy bothered if we get a big target man,, the rewal issue here is.. can he hit the back of the net instead of the score board/ corner flag
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
tashee69
September 18, 2014, 11:53am Report to Moderator

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +27 / -4
Approval: +233
Quoted from 75
I rate Adam Cunnington, what's he up to?

On loan at Bristol Rovers

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
September 18, 2014, 11:59am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Rovers eh? How about Akinwenwa? The ultimate man mountain.
Reply: 25 - 50
Mikey_345
September 18, 2014, 12:07pm Report to Moderator
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +1,080

"In general, it would be best if there is an element of physicality to the striker,"

I personally don't see how this really translates to some of the statements made.

All Town aren’t we
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
brad_gtfc
September 18, 2014, 12:10pm Report to Moderator
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +270
We need a striker who can hold it up no doubt, probably get shot down for this but someone in the mould of Lee Trundle (when he was decent)  doesn't have to be tall, just intelligent with a bit of strength about him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
jonnyboy82
September 18, 2014, 12:11pm Report to Moderator
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +69 / -36
Approval: +3,983
Quoted from 75
Rovers eh? How about Akinwenwa? The ultimate man mountain.

Paul hurst`s wet dream.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
A.l.f.
September 18, 2014, 12:17pm Report to Moderator

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +453
I don't know what the fuss is about - we do need the option of a strong striker that can hold the ball up.
I enjoyed Tues night and we played some great football but in every game defenders have no option but to 'get rid' from time to time and pump the ball away. On Tuesday we were unable to hold it up with Ross (Who played his part and showed great effort) so the ball came back with Halifax on the ball.
The other point is that LJL is useful in our own box to mark a tall player (and there are plenty of them in the Conference) at Free kicks and corners.  I'm sure that's what is in Paul's mind.
It doesn't mean that we still can't play most of our football on the deck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › PH wants big physical striker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.