TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 18, 2014, 10:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Great shout, Barnsley, Rotherham, Bradford City are the sort of clubs we used to be. The Sheffield clubs and Leeds always thought they were a bit better though so it was always special to beat them.

Yes indeed. The worst experience I ever had outside a football ground was at Millmoor in the early 80s when we were walking back to the car actually talking to Rotherham supporters when a hail of bricks came down on us. We were blocked in the street for about 5 minutes until the police arrived.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 58
Chrisblor
September 18, 2014, 10:26am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,780
Gold Stars: 233
Oh look, people are hiding their prejudiced and offensive views behind the phrase 'banter' again. If you do this, you're a tosser. There's a big difference between singing songs which take the urine out of Yorkshire and songs which essentially glorify the actions of a murderer. If you don't understand this nuance, again, you're a tosser.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 58
psgmariner
September 18, 2014, 11:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
My use of the word "bantz" was ironic. Banter is my pet hate at the moment.

Private Message
Reply: 52 - 58
MeanwoodMariner
September 18, 2014, 11:29am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from psgmariner
My use of the word "bantz" was ironic. Banter is my pet hate at the moment.

I don't believe you. We're like Brent & Finchy when we get together. #epicBantz
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 58
LH
September 18, 2014, 11:39am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Some people on here clearly aren't LADs.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 58
WetFlannel
September 20, 2014, 3:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Chrisblor
Oh look, people are hiding their prejudiced and offensive views behind the phrase 'banter' again. If you do this, you're a tosser. There's a big difference between singing songs which take the urine out of Yorkshire and songs which essentially glorify the actions of a murderer. If you don't understand this nuance, again, you're a tosser.

Pray, tell me a single prejudiced opinion in the Yorkshire ripper song?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 58
September 20, 2014, 9:20pm
Guest User
Yorkshire ripper song has always made me cringe. Worn my Town shirt all over Yorkshire and more often than not it has prompted respect. However I don't go to Hull...

utm
Reply: 56 - 58
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 20, 2014, 9:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 97
Yorkshire ripper song has always made me cringe. Worn my Town shirt all over Yorkshire and more often than not it has prompted respect. However I don't go to Hull...

utm

If you did it now it would more likely prompt pity.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 58
Eastendmariner
September 20, 2014, 10:04pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
Nearly being knifed at Sheffield weds in 75 numerous run ins with Barnsley Sheffield u and Wednesday scum oh and Leeds in 81 when some Pisa£d up scumbag decided to kick a old man and his dog over a fence in Cleese after the game !! Can't say that old age has made me warm to the yorkies !! The plus net advert  blzzdy annoying.

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yorkies

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.