Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › is tonight the decider?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 234 Guests

is tonight the decider?

This thread currently has 4,319 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Grimal
September 16, 2014, 3:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Garth
Bit longer, most of the men are injured physically and mentally stabbing their leader won`t help just yet, lets see what he`s made of tonight can he be Churchillian at Dunkirk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sh!t,I thought we were playing at Halifax,better take the next exit off the M62, I'm heading the opposite direction.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
Grimal
September 16, 2014, 4:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from kingster72
This season Hurst has made excuses, rightly, or wrongly about refs and injuries.  But, it was his fault Neilson missed the 1st 3 games due to not appealing his sending off, [/b]it was his fault we failed to perform in that play-off game at Gateshead[b], it is his fault that he persists with Disley, it is his fault and Lord Fenty's, they did sign that promised player, that would "make the hairs on the back of our necks stand on end" and leaves us short up front.  He never gave Southwell his chance and is not giving Walker and Winfarrah a decent chance either.  We have a decent squad, team, we just need a manager to get the best out of them, Hurst is not that man.  A failure to win tonight, should mean he clears his desk, as it will be crystal clear he is not able to take us up, even at this stage of the season (as it was crystal clear last season tbh).

Please explain to us all how PH can be to blame for the team not  performing in the playoff game at Gateshead ,was it his fault the ref was blind and was it his fault hatton was just a stupid Tw@t.Also was it Hursts fault that Pearson missed that game due to suspension.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
pontoonlew
September 16, 2014, 4:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Grimal

Please explain to us all how PH can be to blame for the team not  performing in the playoff game at Gateshead ,was it his fault the ref was blind and was it his fault hatton was just a stupid Tw@t.Also was it Hursts fault that Pearson missed that game due to suspension.

No but it was his fault that he failed to capitalise on a weakness we ALL saw in Gateshead from the first leg. In the first half we were poor when we gave them time, second half we closed down quickly and we battered them. Unfortunately Hurst hadn't addressed his goal scoring problem (and still hasn't) and we couldn't put the tie to bed there and then.

For some stupid reason he then reverted back to the tactics of the first half for the away leg, it was only when the ref made that stupid decision that we had to push forward and actually looked any good.

Fast forward to August, we decide to go to Gateshead and close them down and lo and behold we score 6 bloody goals!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 16, 2014, 5:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Abdul19

He didn't anyway did he, even back in those halcyon days when we weren't in the state of losing 3 games.

I can't understand it. Why would he not want to sign for a progressive and ambitious club like Grimsby with a go-ahead manager committed to attacking football in every game and a side that creates dozens of chances for strikers? Makes no sense really. I can only assume he is allergic to fish.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
ginnywings
September 16, 2014, 5:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Maybe Fenty and the board haven't even considered Pauls position as manager. A lot of people would like to see him replaced and are assuming the powers that be think the same way. They may not be.

It is early in the season and things can change rapidly in football.

I'm no lover of Hurst as most know but finding a replacement isn't easy. There are plenty of managers out there looking for work but i'm not sure i trust the board to pick the right one after repeated failures. Employing Woods over Slade is still a staggering decision looking back. Do you trust the board to come up with a suitable candidate?

Mills was the right man at the right time IMO but that ship has sailed. I don't know what to think anymore but i'm annoyed that we can't seem to find a suitable striker to sign. Is Hurst correct when he says he has been looking but there is no one suitable?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
Garth
September 16, 2014, 6:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from ginnywings
Maybe Fenty and the board haven't even considered Pauls position as manager. A lot of people would like to see him replaced and are assuming the powers that be think the same way. They may not be.

It is early in the season and things can change rapidly in football.

I'm no lover of Hurst as most know but finding a replacement isn't easy. There are plenty of managers out there looking for work but i'm not sure i trust the board to pick the right one after repeated failures. Employing Woods over Slade is still a staggering decision looking back. Do you trust the board to come up with a suitable candidate?

Mills was the right man at the right time IMO but that ship has sailed. I don't know what to think anymore but i'm annoyed that we can't seem to find a suitable striker to sign. Is Hurst correct when he says he has been looking but there is no one suitable?

Yes because they have all been snapped up long ago, he forgot to cross out their names in his little black book
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › is tonight the decider?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.