Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › is tonight the decider?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 228 Guests

is tonight the decider?

This thread currently has 4,313 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
JMT
September 16, 2014, 7:54am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
will a loss today see the dismissal of Hurst? or will the board keep him in for a bit longer?
Logged Offline
Private Message
bradzmilne
September 16, 2014, 8:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,381
Gold Stars: 29
I have to admit, I think he'll get a bit longer regardless. Personally I'm not one for chop and changing, especially because of Hursty on the whole has had a pretty decent spell here. Let alone because its so early on in the season but if we are going to do it lets get on with it quickly so the whole season isn't a write off.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
Garth
September 16, 2014, 8:52am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Bit longer, most of the men are injured physically and mentally stabbing their leader won`t help just yet, lets see what he`s made of tonight can he be Churchillian at Dunlirk
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
jimgtfc
September 16, 2014, 8:59am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
No doubt fenty will give him longer and maybe rightly so given the injuries. I can see us getting something tonight anyway, buying PH more time regardless.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
bluebottle
September 16, 2014, 9:06am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
I think the above posts are about right, for all the calling for his head by a few fans I don't see it happening just yet. That's not to say that Hurst has not had a warning fired across his bows
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
Southernboy
September 16, 2014, 9:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +111
As ever who would we appoint that would do so much better with the same group of players? At Aldershot it wasn't Hurst's fault and we would probably have won that game making it 3 in a row and may well have then beaten the Gimps and wouldn't be having the conversation. Admittedly ifs and buts wont win us promotion but the players need as much scrutiny as PH does
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
denni266
September 16, 2014, 9:12am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
No he does not need more time, He will never get us out of this league, It is the same all the  time with him , get a good striker in  and hey ho, there goals dry up . People saying the season is over now are wrong,, it finnished in the summer when he wasnt sacked
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
jonnyboy82
September 16, 2014, 9:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
For me its not just about tonights result it spans back to his failures in playoff finals and the whole package paul brings...

He has never been taken to by the fans and never will be due to his stubborness and his drab management style..

Tonight may or may not prove to be his deciding game and it may get him a reprieve but why ? Im certain we are just delaying the inevitable..

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
GrimRob
September 16, 2014, 9:19am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
No, his overall record since he's been here has been good. Town never do well (under any manager) when the side is changing every game as PH has been forced to do for most of this season. Get a settled side and this blip will soon be forgotten.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 35
Garth
September 16, 2014, 9:24am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from jonnyboy82
For me its not just about tonights result it spans back to his failures in playoff finals and the whole package paul brings...

He has never been taken to by the fans and never will be due to his stubborness and his drab management style..

Tonight may or may not prove to be his deciding game and it may get him a reprive but why ? Im certain we are just delaying the inevitable..

Because he helped get us into this mess by not adequately signing (when he had all the time in the world) cover for the strikers positions,  vacated by Cook and Southwell, bad management in my book, the next three matches will answer your question highlighted, now lets see if he and the players can get us out of it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › is tonight the decider?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.