Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Injuries.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 200 Guests

Injuries.

This thread currently has 2,028 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Stevie Saunders
September 15, 2014, 11:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
It's a squad game and you have to deal with it
If Winfarrah, Bemrose, Humble, Walker etc are worth a full time contract then surely you have to put your faith in them
EG: I'd be temoted to drop Bignot and bring in Winfarrah, move Magnay to right back; bet that doesn't happen but from what I've seen Winfarrah looks a cracking player who just needs game time and needs trusting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
ginnywings
September 15, 2014, 11:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer
Hardly full-strength. Thomas missing meant that the defence was weaker and with Arnold still injured, we were lacking alternatives on the wings.

I said pretty much full strength. Those 2 were missing when we beat Gateshead, so not really a mitigating factor for me. Anyone would think we are the only side to get injuries and suspensions.

I read somewhere that Torquay had several players missing for the away games at Chester and Town. Both of which they won.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
mariner91
September 15, 2014, 11:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from 3610

Without even getting into the argument of squad management and appropriate training so you don't get as many injuries hurst hasn't exactly helped himself with that.

To only have 3 strikers at the club, when you plan on playing 2 at a time is pretty risky. To have one of them with an injury history such as Pittman makes the decision even more crazy.

Spot on for me. For me, this is by far the biggest and worst mistake he's made.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
Garth
September 16, 2014, 10:13am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from mariner91

Spot on for me. For me, this is by far the biggest and worst mistake he's made.

So correct, its akin to going into a known huge contract to build a vessel in a few months without procuring additional welders and then a few months into the contract scouring the country for said welders who are quite happy to stay employed where they are, and then trawling the unemployed substandard to try to salvage the contract.

Rank bad management and would not be tolerated in business elsewhere, he`s going to have to do some quick managerial movements to better the present situation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Injuries.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.