Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just a yes or no will do!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 133 Guests

Just a yes or no will do!

This thread currently has 4,097 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
September 16, 2014, 12:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Chrisblor
No, but then again I don't think anyone can since the club appears to be permanently cursed.

This.

Private Message
Reply: 40 - 42
jonnyboy82
September 16, 2014, 12:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Why are you in such a rush to see the back of a manager who's team you haven't seen play? I wonder how many of those who attend regularly are so keen to see the back of him.

those who attend regularly (me included) might just be losing the last piece of patience they had right now.

there is a chap who sits near me he is always positive and hates negativity towards hurst or the team on a matchday now even he is on the verge of just admitting it might be time for a change.

I don't get why seeing  a manager who has had a long crack at a club , achieved nowt and has even turned sladeball into things of dreams is seen as a backward step when people say his time is up.

their is no right or wrong its what the majority of the fans want (the poll on the fishy also suggests this) , a fresh approach with fresh ideas is that so bad ?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 42
Maringer
September 16, 2014, 2:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,382
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from northbankmariner
Let's face it, we are just not quite good enough, not bad by any means, just unlucky/unfortunate but finding consistency is a massive problem.

I think this is just the right point.

The last two seasons, we never looked good enough to win promotion, even when we topped the table for a while. It inevitably dropped off and then, when decisions and incidents went against us in the play-off matches, we weren't good enough to turn things around.

This season, I still think that our full-strength team is considerably better than the one from last season. Unfortunately, we're light on numbers both at the back and up front especially and we've been particularly unlucky with injuries so a few more players are certainly needed. I'm actually surprised that as cautious a man as Hurst hasn't sorted the striker situation out before now. I can only imagine he expected to be able to agree a few more signings which all fell through and he's started from scratch when looking from players once again.

Defenders aren't such an issue as we still have some cover there and it tends to be easier to get defenders in on loan than strikers. Most managers prefer to have a larger number of spare strikers available to select than defenders - Colin male masturbator, for example!

With a few more decent players, I'd be hopeful for the season even now, but the question is whether or not we can find them?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just a yes or no will do!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.