Should Hurst be sacked now????
0 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Hurst. Stay or Go

This thread currently has 7,289 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
September 15, 2014, 1:47am
Guest User
Think the squad is good, but maybe a different manager can do better with them.

Haven't voted because I can't decide.
Reply: 50 - 60
nightrider
September 15, 2014, 8:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10

A guy sat behind me on Saturday against Torquay hit the nail on the head " I just can't imagine Hurst giving the team a right good bollocking at half time" which I totally agree with. That's what we need someone to 'rally the troops'[/quote]

Thing is, we normally play better in the 2nd half so he must be doing something right.
Besides, the other half was used for yelling at people but we got rid of him

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
chicaneuk
September 15, 2014, 8:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
The problem for me is the inconsistency. We can be amazing some games, and total dog excrement in others. I just don't understand it - probably because I know nothing about footie tactics and formations, etc - I just enjoy watching the games! But this is where the manager should work the magic, surely - finding out what's missing and setting up the team accordingly.

So.. sorry Paul - thanks for your service to the club but I think we need a change of direction desperately, so I voted 'Go' :|
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 60
Fcukthescunts
September 15, 2014, 8:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
My only issue with Hurst going is what we get in his place? If Hurst does get the axe we must must get a passionate attack minded manager in his place if not its better the devil you know in my opinion....I really hope that Hurst turns it around because he isnt a male member like some managers in past but i believe the writing is on the wall for him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 60
grimsby pete
September 15, 2014, 10:51am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Here is the answer to that!  

[youtube]CCMxfuFXDv0[/youtube] [youtube]4OQ0B9MO0mc[/youtube]

That would  be a great laugh if he came,

AND

To be honest it just might work at this level

Grimsby and Di Canio a match made in heaven,

No chance of it happening though.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
Nelly GTFC
September 15, 2014, 12:27pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from grimsby pete
That would  be a great laugh if he came,

AND

To be honest it just might work at this level

Grimsby and Di Canio a match made in heaven,

No chance of it happening though.
Haha perfect match, the fans always ranting, he always rants, passion beyond extreme, what more could you want!  

Did an excellent job at Swindon Town, think they had some good financial clout behind them at the time though, well he bought Connell from us for around 120K after nailing 30 goals.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
Caesar
September 15, 2014, 1:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
Quoted from pontoonlew
I tell you what there is a distinct lack of on the fishy this week, the people who came out after Alfreton and told everybody how right they were about everything. Bringing up any post criticizing the team and telling everybody how it's all changed & how they should eat humble pie. Seemingly being more bothered they were 'proved right' than the fact we were playing well.

Where are those people to enlighten us with their superior knowledge now?

While I wasn't claiming to have superior knowledge I definately posted at the time enjoying our success.  Maybe those 2 games were exceptions and I was too quick to jump on them as evidence that PH was being more positive and building an attacking team.

At the moment I would still give Hurst a little more time, I have seen some great attacking verve from Town this season which if we could apply regularly would make us contenteders, but not being at the last 2 games I will admit to not being aware of how bad they have been. Certainly any repeat of last year tomorrow night and it would be forcing me to eat the most unpalatable humble pie ever!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 60
ginnywings
September 15, 2014, 1:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Woods once had 2 similar results to the Gateshead and Alfreton ones, followed by a very poor run and eventual dismissal.

Consistency is what wins leagues and Town don't have that. We vary wildly in performances and results. How many other teams have had so many low scoring draws and a couple of massive wins chucked in? Have gone from unbeaten to losing three out of four?

Our scoreline can be anything from 0-0 to 7-0 and neither is a total surprise. Torquay showed the way on Saturday. Got themselves into a 2-0 lead and controlled the game from there. Perfect away performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
Trawler
September 15, 2014, 2:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 1739
75 % Mr Fenty.

Quoted from Grimal
With over 70% on here wanting Paul Hurst to be sacked ASAP.

Often the vocal minority shouts the loudest so let's not let a failure to understand statistics get in the way of the facts.

It is not 75% of the Fishy, or 70% "on here" - it is only a percentage of the few who have voted who say 'Go'.

There has been a whopping 122 votes cast so far  - and 80 have voted 'Go'.

Out of how many hundreds who read the fishy?  

Rob may be able to give you some perspective on your sweeping generalisations.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
Quagmire
September 15, 2014, 2:54pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Trawler

Often the vocal minority shouts the loudest so let's not let a failure to understand statistics get in the way of the facts.

It is not 75% of the Fishy, or 70% - it is only a percentage of the few who have voted who say 'Go'.

There has been a whopping 122 votes cast so far  - and 80 have voted 'Go'.

Out of how many hundreds who read the fishy?  

Rob may be able to give you some perspective on your sweeping generalisations.

It would be interesting if Rob would detail the last two polls on here re Hurst.

The one after the play off defeat and the one last month.  

Think they've all been 70% + in favour of change, last months poll had close to 1,000 votes cast the last time I saw it.

This is the third poll on the same subject in the last 5 months, all with a similar 70%+ of voters wanting to see change.

As an aside, will the Trust be using these recent votes as an indication of fan support (or lack of) or will they be canvassing Trust members so they can represent members views - otherwise it will simply be 2 guys voting the way they feel rather than actually representing Trust members, if PH's job comes up for debate.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst. Stay or Go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.