jonnyboy82
September 14, 2014, 8:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from chaos33
Yeah I understand that, but there's a whole lot of supposition there.

The thing is this is grimsby town and john fenty ,we dont do normal.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 60
TAGG
September 14, 2014, 9:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
What is the stance of the Trust guys on the board.
Do they go with there own opinions(what ever that may be) or put forward the clear ground swell of opinion that Hurst should be sacked????  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 60
chaos33
September 14, 2014, 9:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
BC hasn't been around recently so without his insight, who knows.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 60
GrimRob
September 14, 2014, 10:17pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from arryarryarry

Well he has just lost over 400 in a week.

Considering the previous two home games have seen 9 Town goals without reply then there were probably other factors for low gate on Saturday.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 60
Grimal
September 14, 2014, 10:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
With over 70% on here wanting Paul Hurst to be sacked ASAP. I'm wondering if the main Tread on the fishy tomorrow morning will be "Hurst Gone".  If not tomorrow,I've a feeling it might well be after tuesday night,can't see us getting anything other than a thrashing at Halifax.I know it makes no difference what the poll on here shows but this must also be the general consensus of the Grimsby fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 60
SamTheMariner
September 14, 2014, 10:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
I believe Hurst would stand a better chance if Rodman, Bogle and Miller had come. His tactics aren't negative, there's just something fundamentally conservative about the way he sets up his teams, not to get picked off on the counter attack, this leads to letting the opposition impose themselves on us rather than let us impose ourselves on them, at Gateshead and against Alfreton we imposed ourselves on them, but with no Pittman now and Disley playing again we can't press, Hannah is slower, weaker, less energetic, not as good one the ball, a worse finisher and lazier than Pittman. 4-3-3 with Paddy, Brown and Clay, then MacKreth, Lenny and Neilson would scare teams, with Arnold and the possibility of Tounkara coming off the bench would work.JUST ATTACK HUSRT

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 60
pontoonlew
September 14, 2014, 10:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
I tell you what there is a distinct lack of on the fishy this week, the people who came out after Alfreton and told everybody how right they were about everything. Bringing up any post criticizing the team and telling everybody how it's all changed & how they should eat humble pie. Seemingly being more bothered they were 'proved right' than the fact we were playing well.

Where are those people to enlighten us with their superior knowledge now?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 60
sparko501
September 15, 2014, 12:06am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +97
Personally I want him to stay but only because I can't come up with an alternative, or at least think of someone that would even be remotely interested in taking the job that would do any better.

A guy sat behind me on Saturday against Torquay hit the nail on the head " I just can't imagine Hurst giving the team a right good bollocking at half time" which I totally agree with. That's what we need someone to 'rally the troops'. We all know we have decent players that can pass the ball around and make other teams look stupid but I'm starting to feel like there's no kick up the backside when we need it most!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 60
Nelly GTFC
September 15, 2014, 12:14am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from sparko501
A guy sat behind me on Saturday against Torquay hit the nail on the head " I just can't imagine Hurst giving the team a right good bollocking at half time" which I totally agree with. That's what we need someone to 'rally the troops'. We all know we have decent players that can pass the ball around and make other teams look stupid but I'm starting to feel like there's no kick up the backside when we need it most!
Here is the answer to that!  

[youtube]CCMxfuFXDv0[/youtube] [youtube]4OQ0B9MO0mc[/youtube]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 60
Wrawby_Mariner
September 15, 2014, 12:34am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from TAGG
What is the stance of the Trust guys on the board.
Do they go with there own opinions(what ever that may be) or put forward the clear ground swell of opinion that Hurst should be sacked????  

It certainly hasn't been mentioned at any Trust board meetings. Like a lot of people, I think a change in football philosophy may be whats needed. The thing is there is no point relieving the man of his duties if there is nobody suitable to take over.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 49 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst. Stay or Go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.