Reply: 10 - 23
Brough Mariner
September 14, 2014, 3:07am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +35
Still never got a team promoted.

"There are two types of women in the world, those who charge for blow jobs and those who don't. In my experience, those who don't end up costing you more money in the long run." Charlie Sheen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
Theimperialcoroner
September 14, 2014, 9:13am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Brough Mariner
Still never got a team promoted.

Is this still the case? I knew it was the last time he was being fawned over on here. If people are fed up with the dull, percentage-style football being served up now, then that same philosophy is exactly that preached at the temple of Sladeisace. Now I'm at the point where I don't care how we get out of this league, but others still are and would be as split by getting Slade back as they would be by going for ABiv. So, because of this, and of course the fact that he's a sly, turncoat, male masturbator, I wouldn't want Slade back here.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
MuddyWaters
September 14, 2014, 9:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Is this still the case? I knew it was the last time he was being fawned over on here. If people are fed up with the dull, percentage-style football being served up now, then that same philosophy is exactly that preached at the temple of Sladeisace. Now I'm at the point where I don't care how we get out of this league, but others still are and would be as split by getting Slade back as they would be by going for ABiv. So, because of this, and of course the fact that he's a sly, turncoat, male masturbator, I wouldn't want Slade back here.

And this is the point. How many fans really believe that PH can achieve this and more importantly, does the board really believe this?

JF has come on here and stated that he will not continue to finance BP indefinitely but still believes that we should have a new stadium whether or not we are in the league. This is the bit that I'm struggling with. How do you justify a move to a newer, bigger stadium to the public of the Grimsby area while you are an unsuccessful (not far off our lowest ever position) club?
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
grimsby pete
September 14, 2014, 9:36am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Who was the last town manager who left us and had success elsewhere,?

Not counting Slade.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
psgmariner
September 14, 2014, 9:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Slade would be an amazing appointment but it's laughable to think he would drop to non league.

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
tashee69
September 14, 2014, 9:40am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +958
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from grimsby pete
Who was the last town manager who left us and had success elsewhere,?

Not counting Slade.

That's because we've had managers that have not been up to the job  

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
chaos33
September 14, 2014, 9:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from psgmariner
Slade would be an amazing appointment but it's laughable to think he would drop to non league.

Of course it is, but that's what some are like on here. Of course, shouts for Buckley or McDermott are just as ludicrous.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
September 14, 2014, 9:55am
Guest User
We could interview him then tell him to do one before appointing a caretaker manager who hasn't won in over half a season. Thanks for that board, flipping A1 decision that.
Reply: 18 - 23
lew chaterleys lover
September 14, 2014, 11:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,659
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from 75
We could interview him then tell him to do one before appointing a caretaker manager who hasn't won in over half a season. Thanks for that board, flipping A1 decision that.

Yes I agree - decisions like that have completely undermined my confidence in the "Board" ever to make the right choice of manager.

We need a new Board more than anything else but it seems it isn't going to happen any time soon.

The current "Board" lack the expertise and professionalism to get anything right unfortunately on or off the field.

All very depressing.

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Russell Slade

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.