2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
GyMariner
September 14, 2014, 12:28am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +681
Gold Stars: 7
Do everything you can to get Gary Mills here, he could work wonders with our players! We have a few ex York..

Time to actually do something about it, let's not be passengers.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
September 14, 2014, 1:29am
Guest User
Quoted from GyMariner
Do everything you can to get Gary Mills here, he could work wonders with our players! We have a few ex York..

Time to actually do something about it, let's not be passengers.

You could argue PH did a right job on him and his style of play at Gateshead. They like to play it from the back, they sit really really deep and play through midfield. But we pushed up high, our forwards worked hard to stop the supply and we smashed them all over.

Got to be fair to PH that time, Gary Mills style of football can be beaten if you have the players. We do, well we did a month or so ago.
Reply: 11 - 16
tashee69
September 14, 2014, 1:45am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +947
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from MuddyWaters
We'll still be in this league or maybe lower whilst you employ this clueless clown as manager and then you can use King George as the new stadium.

If you'd actually bothered to use reasons for sacking Hurst instead of just using the phrase clueless clown and then making a stupid comment about King George stadium, which makes your whole post sound ridiculous, I think you'd have had more support.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
MuddyWaters
September 14, 2014, 7:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from tashee69

If you'd actually bothered to use reasons for sacking Hurst instead of just using the phrase clueless clown and then making a stupid comment about King George stadium, which makes your whole post sound ridiculous, I think you'd have had more support.

You want reasons?

First, he's had time to bring in his own squad (hairs on my neck still flat). Second, he plays to nullify the opposition rather than use our own strengths (look what happened when he attacked - Gateshead/Alfreton). Third, he's uninspiring (look how flat we start games) and fourth, he seems to be an unlucky manager (how many games does he say it about).

Enough?
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
tashee69
September 14, 2014, 9:48am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +947
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You want reasons?

First, he's had time to bring in his own squad (hairs on my neck still flat). Second, he plays to nullify the opposition rather than use our own strengths (look what happened when he attacked - Gateshead/Alfreton). Third, he's uninspiring (look how flat we start games) and fourth, he seems to be an unlucky manager (how many games does he say it about).

Enough?

No, I don't want reasons BUT if you want to make a valid point rather than name calling, giving facts is going to be more successful. Is JF going to think you're opening post is one well reasoned or just somebody throwing insults at the manager.
As for your reasons above I posted about strengths at half time yesterday.
I'm on the undecided line of whether he should go or stay. I'm getting closer to thinking he should go day by day.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
grimsby pete
September 14, 2014, 10:09am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
I too think Old Codger could have worded his views a bit better,

Hurst is not a clown,

Clowns make you laugh,

Hurst is starting to make me cry.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
MuddyWaters
September 14, 2014, 11:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from grimsby pete
I too think Old Codger could have worded his views a bit better,

Hurst is not a clown,

Clowns make you laugh,

Hurst is starting to make me cry.

Posted in the heat of the moment Pete. Clown? No. Clueless, possibly. Uninspiring, unlucky, unlikely to succeed? All of.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A fact for getyourfactsright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.