Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 248 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 8,490 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
barralad
September 14, 2014, 8:01am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from arryarryarry

We need a right back, and another centre-half and at least a couple of forwards.

I know many on here were pleasuring themselves when Toto signed but to me he is a disaster waiting to happen each game, on Tuesday his defending for Lincoln's first goal was hopeless and today it was him that played the ball to the guy who scored the second goal.

Right Back certainly appears to be a problem area but only temporarily until Aswad gets fit and Magnay can slot in there. The same really with the forwards. We have them on the books but keeping them fit seems to be the issue. Therein lies the problem for a team at our level. The money isn't there for a massive squad and besides, what player worth their salt wants to come to a fifth tier club to warm the bench? You could argue Hurst has taken far too big a gamble with The Pope but Hurst has clearly thought it was a gamble worth taking and so far when he has played he's definitely delivered.

Toto is a much more controversial point for me. It is too much a coincidence that he has started to make errors since Boyce returned to Scunny. I haven't looked it up but Toto is I believe 22 years old so is still learning the game. I believe that if Hurst decides that strengthening is needed then his real effort should be put into finding a Centre Half who can get us back to being a solid defensive unit. I'm a firm believer in building from the back and any decent team at the moment will find a way through our lacking in confidence back four....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 43
DocTower
September 14, 2014, 8:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from mariner91

A reasonable assessment. I don't personally think major changes are needed but the squad needs more depth and desperately needs a top quality forward player in pronto.

Agree with you , but when our manager is so hell bent on his favorite love child we aren't getting one , Hannah needs game time and right feeding of the ball . Sat on the bench to come on and alter a game isn't his style . Four weeks into the season  shish !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 43
mariner91
September 14, 2014, 8:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,608
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from DocTower

Agree with you , but when our manager is so hell bent on his favorite love child we aren't getting one , Hannah needs game time and right feeding of the ball . Sat on the bench to come on and alter a game isn't his style . Four weeks into the season  shish !

Hannah is worse than LJL. He was on for 70 minutes yesterday and his only two contributions were missing two very easy chances, the sort of chance LJL would be lynched for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 43
barralad
September 14, 2014, 9:17am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from DocTower

The knockdown by LJL for Hannah's first chance was a gift just begging to be put away.

The second was a great through ball. Actually for all I complain about Hannah's lack of awareness he timed his run brilliantly-just couldn't finish one on one.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.