ginnywings
September 13, 2014, 6:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from immariner
How does that work in practicality? Stop going to games or starting 'Hurst out' chants?

Or do you just mean in terms of your opinion?

Crowd was 400 down on the last home game and today my brother left early and said he won't be back 'ti Hurst has gone. Heard one or two others around me saying the same thing. He has never won over the fans and i believe he never will.

Can't remember the last time i heard the crowd shouting for the managers head during a game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 57
grimsby pete
September 13, 2014, 6:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Teestogreen
Pete - that's a tough task - but I'd be delighted if we win them - and why not?

We're good - I've seen us being good.

OK 2 wins and 2 draws minimum then.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 57
DocTower
September 13, 2014, 7:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Think the people who waliked out after their second goal had the right idea . Fans will and are going to vote with their feet . Good squad assembled , he just hasn't a clue what to do with them .

Dave Moore with Hurst on the touch ljne with Doig sat down ?

All is not well .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 57
grimsby pete
September 13, 2014, 7:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from DocTower
Think the people who waliked out after their second goal had the right idea . Fans will and are going to vote with their feet . Good squad assembled , he just hasn't a clue what to do with them .

All is not well .

Maybe Doig is telling Hurst where he is going wrong,

BUT

Hurst is not listening .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 57
rancido
September 13, 2014, 7:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,528
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Maringer
I feel a bit sorry for Hurst, really.

In the past 2 games, our players have squandered half a dozen great chances to score, have conceded 2 stupid penalties and a few other really soft and easily avoidable goals and we have now suffered two injuries to strikers.

Now, Hurst picked the team and signed the players, so the buck stops with him, but you'd have to say we would be looking at a couple of decent results if a few of the players had done their jobs properly!

The lack of forward signings looks like it will be coming around to bite us in the bottom as we're likely to be left with the non-firing Hannah as our only available striker on Tuesday night!

I agree that at times we have been unlucky but PH doesn't help himself with some of his team selections. It would have been far better playing Paddy and Brown in the centre with Mackreth and Neilson playing out wide. Why PH persists in playing Paddy wide left is beyond me as Paddy himself says that he prefers playing in the middle. I think Dis's best role now is to be used as a steadying sub for the last third of the game if we are winning. It , to me anyway, was noticeable how the balance of the team looked better once Dis went off and Clay came on. We also had a good attacking option with Mackreth on the right.
If we are still in the same position, league wise, come the end of September then I think the Board will have to seriously look into replacing PH. At least that will give a new manager time to assess the squad and look at how he wants to go forward before the transfer window in January. I have supported PH since he went solo but I feel that although he can put a good squad together I don't think he knows how to get the best out of them or get them playing as an effective unit.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 57
moosey_club
September 13, 2014, 7:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from grimsby pete

Maybe Doig is telling Hurst where he is going wrong,

BUT

Hurst is not listening .

We will find out what he can do when Hurst gets the boot and he inevitably gets the job..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 57
Sconeboy
September 13, 2014, 7:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +218
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from ginnywings

Crowd was 400 down on the last home game and today my brother left early and said he won't be back 'ti Hurst has gone. Heard one or two others around me saying the same thing. He has never won over the fans and i believe he never will.

Can't remember the last time i heard the crowd shouting for the managers head during a game?

Buckleys last stint I think!

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 57
mariner tommy
September 13, 2014, 7:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from 75
We should have got Mad Dog in when we had the chance. Shocking today, only Carl Magnay came out of the game with any credit at all. One paced, predictable and gave in far too easily. I was very disappointed to see LJL go off injured and leaving us with ten men when he could still have contributed even by being present on the pitch on the half way line. May have been PH's decision but I wasn't happy, I'd never do that on a Sunday and let me teammates down.

Very disillusioned once more, miles behind the pace setters, already 3 defeats and not yet out of September when title challengers can only really afford to lose a maximum of 5-6 all season.

Don't be ridiculous, the man could barely walk.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 57
FishOutOfWater
September 13, 2014, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from DocTower

All is not well .

Just a question.....what could Hurst have done to stop their second goal being scored?

We had possession in the centre of the park, Brown lost the ball ( too easily imho), they broke into our area and ended  up scoring.

Poor play all round by us...

Our tactics and formation at that time had nothing to do with Hurst but more to do with being caught flat-footed and not being able to deal with it

Just so you know I do have my doubts about his "tinkering" with the midfield in the last two games but to me today's defeat was more about our defensive errors than anything else

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 57
ginnywings
September 13, 2014, 7:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Just a question.....what could Hurst have done to stop their second goal being scored?

We had possession in the centre of the park, Brown lost the ball ( too easily imho), they broke into our area and ended  up scoring.

Poor play all round by us...

Our tactics and formation at that time had nothing to do with Hurst but more to do with being caught flat-footed and not being able to deal with it

Just so you know I do have my doubts about his "tinkering" with the midfield in the last two games but to me today's defeat was more about our defensive errors than anything else

Not to mention the poor free kick by Neilson immediately before the ball ended up in our midfield at Browns feet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for turning

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.