Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from ackomariner

Bet it's killing you though  

Lol.

I am a changed man if paul sticks to 442 and plays all the players in there best position..

Seriously though we have the players i know that but paul hurst is his own worst enemy when he just cant leave things alone.

We played so well as a 442 this season it was very good football ,i know we can do it if we worry about what we can do and not change formation just to accomadate or to suit other teams.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 88
tashee69
September 10, 2014, 8:05am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +958
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from denni266

i dont have anything to apolagise for.  and as for the  papaer over the cracks weekend.  we did that before, and we are still here

Please Mr D can you tell us another bedtime story, one with a happy ending because you only seem to like horror stories.  Could you tell us it after we win next time because you only tell us one when we lose. You're like a father that doesn't show up to see his kid when we win. If you're not careful you'll end up on Jeremy Kyle

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 88
pontoonlew
September 10, 2014, 8:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
Hurst has to take to take the blame for last night. Opposition weaknesses are their to be exploited, you don't set up to counter their strengths cos chances are they're better at it than you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 88
ginnywings
September 10, 2014, 8:18am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I don't know why Hurst get's stick for changing the team. The managers job is to put out the side that he thinks has the best chance of getting the required result against certain opposition. That is surely what a squad is for.

I won't give Hurst stick for altering teams and formations but what i will give him stick for, is not being very good at it. I also think he reacts too slowly when it's obvious that it's not working. I can't ever remember him making a half time substitution for instance, to change our shape or remove an under performing player.

He is a stubborn fooker and i think it will be his undoing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 88
denni266
September 10, 2014, 9:27am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from tashee69

Please Mr D can you tell us another bedtime story, one with a happy ending because you only seem to like horror stories.  Could you tell us it after we win next time because you only tell us one when we lose. You're like a father that doesn't show up to see his kid when we win. If you're not careful you'll end up on Jeremy Kyle

if there was another story to tell i would, but i say things as i see them .  we are average at best, and i dont believe its because of the playing staff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 88
arryarryarry
September 10, 2014, 9:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from tashee69

So may I ask, in the last 10 years or so when has the story had a happy ending?

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 88
denni266
September 10, 2014, 9:38am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from arryarryarry

So may I ask, in the last 10 years or so when has the story had a happy ending?

Good question  arry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 88
Garth
September 10, 2014, 9:51am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
A game that could have gone either way but went theirs this time, would have loved Hurst to have changed it after the first thirty when it was obvious that their long ball was killing us, Plan B was needed because we were playing too deep allowing them to launch balls into our area, should have gone 442 IMO and keep them busy at the back with our two strikers.
Still you can`t do much as a manager about poor defending (2 pens) but Doig should have come on sooner when it was obvious that Pearson was finished, better defending long throws at the near post would have helped to, good contest though and I hope they strike a coin for their celebration
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 88
kingster72
September 10, 2014, 10:21am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
The best thing about this season so far is Hurst has seen sense to leave pedestrian Disley out of the starting 11, as soon as he was named in the team last night, I was filled with dread.  People will say, but he scored and does score goals, but this team has proved in the last couple of seasons, that it will never go anywhere with him in the team.  Way too slow, the midfield get's over-run & lacks any drive when he plays.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 88
Hagrid
September 10, 2014, 10:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
i see disley is becoming the new scapegoat, been very impressed with clay and brown but last night i thought they were poor and thought dis played well, driving force, slotted in at right back when needed, and his aerial threat was once again apparent, i really dont understand that critisicm of Dis, for me he really does NOT slow the play down and i think he's a valuable member of our team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Simply won't be good enough

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.