MuddyWaters
September 10, 2014, 5:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad
Notice Codger and Denni have made their expected appearance. What do the pair of you do when Town win? Go on holiday?

Hook. Line. Sinker.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 88
A.l.f.
September 10, 2014, 7:09am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
In football there is often a fine line between success and failure.  Last night was a prime example - we were not at our best but missed some great chances and made some bad defensive errors.  Lincoln tactically got it right and worked hard to knock us off our game.

We ARE a better team  than last season with BETTER players and playing much better football.
Still think we will be ok - remember folks it's a long season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 88
DocTower
September 10, 2014, 7:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Im staying out of this one  

Good idea , going to wait till Saturday to make my mind up , will read all of the heated comments though . Seems like a 50/50 split  to which camp you are in .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 88
RoboCod
September 10, 2014, 7:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Hook. Line. Sinker.

So they're just trolling.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 88
MuddyWaters
September 10, 2014, 7:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from RoboCod

So they're just trolling.

No. Barralad just seems to single my posts out to bite on. In all seriousness, I just don't believe that Paul Hurst has the the nous to get us out of this league. Losing Boyce is a big blow, but that's only part of the story. We need to stop worrying about what teams can do to us and concentrate on what we can do to them. If PH has a good squad (he says he does), then let them prove it.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 88
Marinerz93
September 10, 2014, 7:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Better players, better squad but so far the same inconsistencies, to win this league you have to get results against mid table teams like Lincoln.

The problem last night was we didn't assert our game and react quick enough to change a game we could easily have lost by half time.  

A clearer picture after 10 games is the normal call but unless we win the next two games we are going to be sitting outside the top 5 and as the title of the thread states it "Simply won't be good enough".  It's the manner of lost points and inconsistency that will cost us.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 88
denni266
September 10, 2014, 7:39am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from oldludensian

Fed up of hearing your boring repetitive shite.

then dont read it then. if you cant take the truith
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 88
RoboCod
September 10, 2014, 7:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from MuddyWaters

No. Barralad just seems to single my posts out to bite on. In all seriousness, I just don't believe that Paul Hurst has the the nous to get us out of this league. Losing Boyce is a big blow, but that's only part of the story. We need to stop worrying about what teams can do to us and concentrate on what we can do to them. If PH has a good squad (he says he does), then let them prove it.

Agree with some of that, however the usual bunch only ever jumping into the discussions after a defeat and being notably absent when we're doing well is not helpful. Not aimed at yourself, you've put something constructive into the argument although I'm not sure about the Boyce situation.
I thought Nsiala was fine mostly, but the weakness on the right brought about by a player just not on his game (Bignot) led to the whole back four being pulled around. A player of Magnays quality at LB (I'm never 100% about Thomas tbh) and we'd have a superb defence. First half Pittman was stuck in our half helping out Bignot. 2nd half he pushed forward and was excellent but others had to pitch in to help with the troublesome right side. Disley unfortunately has a top speed of 'plodding' but his input is so valuable, just sporadic.

I too doubt we have a great squad, we do have a very good starting 11 when they're all available but that fragility is still there, a player drafted in, a tiny bit of tinkering and we seem to become shaky, the passing game becomes hard work and we inevitably let in a goal from the first or second strike on our goal.
We're struggling particularly to match the vigour and energy of teams that want our scalp and are explosive out of the blocks, something PH seems unable to match so I would concede that PH does have a few holes in his tactical approaches.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 88
Quagmire
September 10, 2014, 7:44am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from barralad

So speaks he who wanted him gone prior to the 13 goals weekend an outburst that you haven't yet had the good grace to apologise for.

I don't understand why someone who has the opinion that Paul Hurst isn't the man for the job should 'apologise' (who do you feel he should apologise to btw?) because of two flash in the pan results??

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 88
denni266
September 10, 2014, 7:46am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from barralad

So speaks he who wanted him gone prior to the 13 goals weekend an outburst that you haven't yet had the good grace to apologise for. If you don't understand the meaning of the word have a word with Johnny-he'll put you right.

i dont have anything to apolagise for.  and as for the  papaer over the cracks weekend.  we did that before, and we are still here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Simply won't be good enough

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.