Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team News...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 279 Guests

Team News...

This thread currently has 2,255 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
gtfc82
September 9, 2014, 7:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
I was hoping Dis would start, not that Paddy hasn't played well, but Dis should be better at facing a physical team!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
September 9, 2014, 7:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimsby pete
Just my thoughts mind you, I do not have ant inside info.

Neither do I Pete.
I just try to use my eyes to spot things and guess like you, just try to apply a bit of common sense.

Anyway...

COME ON TOWN !!!!
Reply: 11 - 15
pontoonlew
September 9, 2014, 7:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,988
Gold Stars: 171
Don't buy this 'physical' excuse, we should surely be playing to our own strengths? Sure we'll smash um!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
September 9, 2014, 7:33pm
Guest User
Who says we're not ?
It's gonna be "hell for leather", WE may benefit from his more physcial prescence.

FFS I'll paste it for you anyway.

Quoted from 120797
Guy on the OS (Jack Harvey sounds like a knowledgeable bloke !) says:
"Craig Disley has netted in his last two appearances at Sincil Bank and that record could tempt Hurst to hand the skipper a recall to the starting XI."
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-preview/index.aspx#uG9XdKwyOWhwBUPv.99

I just wonder, is there anything revealing about Hurst saying...
"This game is a special one at a different time from what we've been used to. For those players that haven't experienced it, they need to be ready because it really is a unique atmosphere."

Is he thinking big match record, temperament, big game needs the captain, experience, attacking flair etc ?
Let's face it, they're all good reasons !

But on the subject, if you're saying "never take the opposition into account", then I guess 99.9% of football managers would disagree with you..
Reply: 13 - 15
Teestogreen
September 9, 2014, 11:06pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from pontoonlew
LJL & DISLEY, in for Mackreth & Mclaughlin.

Bold bold move by Hurst bringing Disley back in. Feel for Paddy, hope it works out well.

Perceptive post - the dynamic of the Gateshead and Alfreton teams was messed up in my view. Why? If it's not broken - don't fix it. Boyce is a loss though - I hope we get him back.

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
September 10, 2014, 3:12am
Guest User
Quoted from Teestogreen
the dynamic of the Gateshead and Alfreton teams was messed up in my view. Why? If it's not broken - don't fix it. Boyce is a loss though - I hope we get him back.

UTM

The facts are my friend...

We changed the side and formation at Gateshead and won.
We didn't "fix it" v Alfreton and won.
We didn't "fix it" at Aldershot but we lost.
We changed the side and formation v Welling (without Boyce) and won.
We changed the side and formation v Lincoln and lost.

Can you see a pattern ?
I can't !

Hurst was perceptive by bringing in Disley who scored (3 seasons running at Sincil Bank now)
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team News...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.