Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Arnold injury again .
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 294 Guests

Arnold injury again .

This thread currently has 2,096 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
DocTower
September 8, 2014, 2:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
So N Arnold is a doubt again . I don't want to sound awful but seeing as he is on loan can't we send him back and get a fit one in . It's a wage that is being wasted IMO .
Logged Offline
Private Message
September 8, 2014, 2:24pm
Guest User
Quoted from DocTower
So N Arnold is a doubt again . I don't want to sound awful but seeing as he is on loan can't we send him back and get a fit one in . It's a wage that is being wasted IMO .

His contract runs out at the end of the season. I think he is only on loan as a technicality due to his wage increasing as Cambridge were promoted. They will be paying some of his wages, but for all intents and purposes he's our player. I'm not sure if we could technically send him back as we don't know the terms of the agreement, but it wouldn't be cricket if we did.

Anyway, it's early days and as far as I know he has a good track record of avoiding injuries. Just unlucky.
Reply: 1 - 10
Maringer
September 8, 2014, 3:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
He didn't look nearly fit to me when he came on at the weekend so I reckon he wasn't fully over the injury. Better not to risk him tomorrow (as everyone else is available) and then see if he's can get fit enough for the weekend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
oldun
September 8, 2014, 4:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I guess he wanted to play a part on Sat and PH was right to give him a go. I guess he did not get a full pre-season in which won't have helped. I am sure he will get fit, he does not have history of injuries as far as I know and he could be key player for us as the season progresses. If we lose Neilson for any reason he can play that "floating" role. We saw a brief glimpse of his shooting skill with his half volley on Sat which the keeper did well to scramble clear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
September 8, 2014, 4:49pm
Guest User
Anyone notice him stretching down to his toes 2nd half like something was amiss ?...

Quoted from Maringer
He didn't look nearly fit to me when he came on at the weekend

Me neither but he's barely featured after injury, do we seriously expect anything else ?

Who knows if he's been "rushed back" or not ("stiffness" doesn't sound like it ?) but seen as Hurst took him off H/T as a precaution in midweek in a nothing game it seems highly unlikely IMO.

Would we want to send him back anyway ?!
Think it would be silly unless he's got personal issues (which seems to not be the case ?).
I agree with oldun and think he's got something special (as seen at Gainsborough pre-season..)
Despite his promise on Saturday probably didn't have a cat in hells chance of starting Tuesday anyway so no panic IMO.
Reply: 4 - 10
Abdul19
September 8, 2014, 5:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
I doubt a season long loan allows for players to sent back for being doubts.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
Garth
September 8, 2014, 5:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from DocTower
So N Arnold is a doubt again . I don't want to sound awful but seeing as he is on loan can't we send him back and get a fit one in [/b]. It's a wage that is being wasted IMO .

[b]"Whats up Doc"
give the guy a chance, he could be a star player for us when fit, don`t want to look silly like we did with Clay
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
Mariner21
September 8, 2014, 6:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
He'll come good. I've seen him play quite a lot in the past. An excellent option off the bench at this level. But I can see him being a regular when he's fully fit.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
September 8, 2014, 6:35pm
Guest User
Totally agree with all that, really liked him at Alfreton, can play different positions, when fully fit confident he'll come good.
Reply: 8 - 10
DocTower
September 8, 2014, 9:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from Garth

"Whats up Doc" give the guy a chance, he could be a star player for us when fit, don`t want to look silly like we did with Clay

Like I said , don't want to be awful , just how long do you persist with an injured player before you look for a fit replacement . " Whats up Doc " not a bad film that .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Arnold injury again .

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.