Nelly GTFC
September 8, 2014, 12:10pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 31
A while back Reeves was out of contract and someone posted on his twitter if he would be interested in joining Grimsby Town, and he said yes if the chance was there.

I'm sure it was him, can anyone remember?

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
Abdul19
September 8, 2014, 12:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Been a while since we've had a Damian Reeves thread!

Does that clause still exist, that article's from 18 months ago?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
oldun
September 8, 2014, 12:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Garth
Whilst we are someways on the up so to speak it would be wise to get a player in the same style as John Lewis to cover him for loss of form injuries suspensions etc, we can`t win this league with only three strikers IMO even accounting for the fact that goals can and will come from midfield

Agree but a player currently playing regularly is unlikely to come here to sit on the bench, so the likelihood is a loan player from a league above who is not playing for whatever reason and wants to get a bit of action, or a young player who wants a chance to develop. I would prefer the latter option which is more likely to suit both parties. Either way needs to be a striker of the Lenny ilk we are well off for pacey small finishers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
acko338
September 8, 2014, 1:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
I read the article as being able to activate a clause to join a higher league club only, not any same league rival team, so we would have to wait for promotion to activate that particular clause. It reads like they won't sell him to a rival in the same league !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
Grimal
September 8, 2014, 1:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
A while back Reeves was out of contract and someone posted on his twitter if he would be interested in joining Grimsby Town, and he said yes if the chance was there.

I'm sure it was him, can anyone remember?

I think you will find it was  Jim Reeves and he  posted on his twitter, " please release me let me go ".  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
jimgtfc
September 8, 2014, 1:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,069
Gold Stars: 44
I think if we sign anyone at all it'll be a loan striker, someone who's not getting game time at a football league club, and I'd imagine it would be someone of the target man variety.

Just out of interest, I'm guessing we budgeted for a 4th striker in the summer so on that loose assumption that would mean we are saving money at the moment, maybe £600 to £800 pounds a week? Would this mean we could use that saving to add to a potential fee for a player in January? Just a thought.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
pontoonlew
September 8, 2014, 5:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,841
Gold Stars: 167
It's be said time and time again on here that Reeves has a very well paid job. Hence why he's never gone full time, the wage from Alty & his plastering business (i'm pretty sure it's that) far outweighs what most could offer him apparently. I'm pretty sure he even turned down Doncaster a few years back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
cmackenzie4
September 8, 2014, 6:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Grimal

I think you will find it was  Jim Reeves and he  posted on his twitter, " please release me let me go ".  

Excellent!  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
grimsby pete
September 8, 2014, 6:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
If he is still plastering by day and playing and training part time,

I am sure he would welcome the chance to go full time with us and hopefully gain promotion,

If he has his own business, he does not have to give it up,

He can let his employee's make some more money for him.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
September 8, 2014, 7:04pm
Guest User
Do we need a striker ?
Not entirely convinced tbh, least not yet.

Another winger for more competition ?
Neilson has been seen up front in patches (like Sat), tends to roam about centrally anyway...
Arnold not fully fit yet.
Mackreth gets injured, possible lack of options/backup both sides ?
Not convinced either really, just a thought...
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Damin Reeves

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.