This thread currently has 2,587 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
September 7, 2014, 9:30am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
All is forgiven. Nobody cares who's right and who's wrong as long as we get promotion. Everything we need is in the building if we use the tools wisely

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 25
September 7, 2014, 11:59am
Guest User
Well said although you don't need to apologize for opinions, just maybe opinions can get clouded through frustration.

I never saw you as part of any "wanting to fail" possy, got my doubts about others though tbh.

Important thing is (like Rob says), it's not about right or wrong.  (we all try to guess best but no prizes so no-one gives a toss)
Or about "sides" (think I'm on one ?), just about getting there...

Anyway good on you, thanks for mention  
Reply: 11 - 25
jonnyboy82
September 7, 2014, 5:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from 120797
Well said although you don't need to apologize for opinions, just maybe opinions can get clouded through frustration.

I never saw you as part of any "wanting to fail" possy, got my doubts about others though tbh.

Important thing is (like Rob says), it's not about right or wrong.  (we all try to guess best but no prizes so no-one gives a toss)
Or about "sides" (think I'm on one ?), just about getting there...

Anyway good on you, thanks for mention  

haha nice one 80's  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
barralad
September 7, 2014, 5:07pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,193
Gold Stars: 121
Fair play to you fella.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
jonnyboy82
September 7, 2014, 7:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from barralad
Fair play to you fella.

I have learned not to cast judgement so quickly and like i said if i can be the first to give it out then i should be the first to admit it was wrong.

All i want is success and improvement for town and i hope we get it this year.

Im sure we will disagree in the future but there is a way for healthy banter and opinion and maybe the way i did it was a bit harsh.

I hold my hands up.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
Fcukthescunts
September 7, 2014, 7:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Well done jonnyboy I was concerned that your account had been hacked but after replying to comments I can see it genuine....
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
Rick12
September 7, 2014, 7:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I have learned not to cast judgement so quickly and like i said if i can be the first to give it out then i should be the first to admit it was wrong.

All i want is success and improvement for town and i hope we get it this year.

Im sure we will disagree in the future but there is a way for healthy banter and opinion and maybe the way i did it was a bit harsh.

I hold my hands up.
Good on you

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
brad_gtfc
September 7, 2014, 7:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Fair play mate. We all disagree on stuff and probably post stuff rather hastily but it's only because we all care about our club and are passionate people.

I have to say Clay looks a good player and Brown, so much energy in the middle of the park compared to last year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
LondonMariner43
September 13, 2014, 3:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Right will keep it quick because im trying to eat my humble pie !

are we a better team than least year ? YES absolutely and I have waited a little while to post because maybe I was too harsh earlier on..

was I wrong about craig clay ? well so far it seems I was and if I was big enough to dish out criticism then I shoud be big enough to admit I was wrong. the lad in the games I have seen him he has been everywere, so fair play to him.

are we a promotion team ? well I absolutely think we are, I have reserved posting about much and i had a word to myself about maybe i should  give an opinion 6-7 games in and from what i have seen again it is positive.

we seem to play more football and credit to paul because i said he might not have the tactical nouse to get us out this league again so far he has showed he maybe has after all..

the way scott brown plays for me sums up the team this year, impressive and the quality is there to be seen , i am one of the first criticise so its only fair to give praise were its due.

see you at Lincoln, now weres that pie    UTM

So after today it's going to be three defeats in 4.  Maybe those two games against Gateshead and Alfreton were on offs and we are rubbish after all.  I don't think Hurst is a bad manager but I just don't think he is good enough to get us out if this league.  It won't happen this season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
Badger57
September 13, 2014, 4:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
Sorry, I think he IS a bad manager. Really do. The result against Gateshead was definitely a bit of a fluke. Always ifs and buts, but if Gateshead had taken their (easier) chances it could easily have been a very different score. That result gave them a springboard and confidence to annihilate a very poor Alfreton. Since then, well nothing. Hopefully even the most rose tinted among us might see that we are going NOWHERE with Hurst in charge. Was hoping that he might, possibly , HOPEFULLY learn from his past mistakes but it would appear not.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Eating Humble Pie

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.