6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
fiveallive
September 4, 2014, 11:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I agree that resting players is a good thing to keep a squad fresh but i think its to early on in the season to rest players

Mckeown used to playing every week, Bignot hasn't had much game time been injured, Pearson had his suspension, Magnay could get a rest when Thomas is fit, hopefully Brown could be like Groves for fitness, Mackreth been a bit part player so far, Disley been rested, Hannah been injured, Nielson had his suspension, Doig ready to come in, LJL getting a rest with his suspension, Clay (i would rest him for saturday play him against Lincoln when we should pressing and squeezing teams away from home), Pittman getting a few game after injuries, Arnold not fully fit, Nsiala if he needs resting we have Doig, Walker and Winfarrah also available with bemrose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 55
Abdul19
September 4, 2014, 11:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Forgive me if I've read it wrong, but do you really believe fan pressure has any bearing on the team PH picks? He's a manager of a professional football club, I doubt he gives two hoots who an unqualified tit like me thinks he should play at right back!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 55
September 5, 2014, 2:56am
Guest User
Honestly wouldn't underestimate your own opinion as a clearly travelled supporter but well, who knows maybe you're right it's all hypothetical opinion !

No worries anyway looking forward to Sat, should be a good game.

UTM
Reply: 42 - 55
September 5, 2014, 3:48am
Guest User
Quoted from fiveallive
I agree that resting players is a good thing to keep a squad fresh but i think its to early on in the season to rest players

Mckeown used to playing every week, Bignot hasn't had much game time been injured, Pearson had his suspension, Magnay could get a rest when Thomas is fit, hopefully Brown could be like Groves for fitness, Mackreth been a bit part player so far, Disley been rested, Hannah been injured, Nielson had his suspension, Doig ready to come in, LJL getting a rest with his suspension, Clay (i would rest him for saturday play him against Lincoln when we should pressing and squeezing teams away from home), Pittman getting a few game after injuries, Arnold not fully fit, Nsiala if he needs resting we have Doig, Walker and Winfarrah also available with bemrose.

Gonna give you a +1 for this !

Well I agree but even if you do, gotta be careful, no point bringing in Doigy just for the sake of it especially if he's assistant, good he's there btw but for me it's a no brainer. Bemrose ? Let's be positive...
Equally bearing in mind the thinner the squad is, more arguable reasons to make use of it.

Let's be honest, some are ready to go.
Some were ready to go but are STILL ready to go. [edit: thats what I really meant...]
How long you persevere with certain players over 2 games in 3 days maybe a factor.
If you don't want to risk too much subs (depending on who they are) may be a safer possibility.
I always think it's good to finish strong at home attacking the Pontoon. (we always try to ?), I'd seriously at least consider bringing on Neilson (save him for LIncoln too ?) or Arnold !
With 25 mins left to wreak havoc in light of our lack of available forward players and 2 games ahead. (unless you hit them early maybe)

Bear in mind Lincoln could yet be the spark that ignites the season but yes, as always 1 game at a time, let's just see what happens on the day, got to optimistic I suppose.
Reply: 43 - 55
September 5, 2014, 4:24am
Guest User
Quoted from Meza
Not only that Salford, but player happiness, getting dropped (not rested as most players will see it at that I know I would) may create loss of form, we know if someone is not on form they use to get dropped into the reserves to try and reclaim that form and someone else steps up to the plate and stake a claim, however when the player initially rested (dropped) they lose momentum.

True however thinking pros (v cons), could also say no-ones place is safe (they might be back in soon anyway), keep them on their toes, increase competition for places etc.
But indeed, it all needs to be considered very carefully, implemented properly (if appropriate) + luck on the day.
Fact is there are no surefire definitive answers that will ever guarantee anyone 3 points, no one said it was ever easy !

Quoted from Rodley Mariner
If the same team plays and wins then do you have to be quiet?

Always happy to have a happy night off.  
End of the day it's Hurst's responsibility to manage the entire squad over the course of a long season.
No easy task especially if you're not full strength IMO.
Obviously an early goal could help.
Reply: 44 - 55
StiggsGTFC
September 5, 2014, 5:26am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Keep changes to a minimum, make sure you get three points on Saturday than worry about Tuesday on Monday morning. If we get 3 ahead after an hour then rest whoever but you get the same number of points for a win in this league whether you are playing Welling or Lincoln.

Now this makes sense........

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 55
Neilo83
September 5, 2014, 6:36am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +262
Gold Stars: 4
Was 80s glory always a wum?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 55
September 5, 2014, 9:29am
Guest User
In reply to 80's glory.

I seriously can't be bothered to answer this in too much detail and
I don't wanna get into any of your lengthy arguments.

All I will say is I thought I would give some insight into professional sport and the management/rotation of players- as you were beating this drum so loudly.

Regarding my pitman comments- I stand by these. He will have to be managed carefully this season with an injury record as his.

At the time of writing (and bringing my comments back into context) it relates to my last point in the previous post about Arnold- you don't need his data- it's about return to play so soon after injury. He played one full pre season game and then got injured straight after/during game. He didn't get slowly re-introduced which is highly recommended by the best in the industry.

but he hasn't got injured since and is playing well so full credit to hurst and co- a risk worth taking? (By keeping the momentum going as has been said by others?!)

Anyway, Off to do some more 'codswallop' as a job now. Have fun.
Reply: 47 - 55
Fcukthescunts
September 5, 2014, 12:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Oh 80s glory have you heard the phrase quit while your ahead well your not ahead on this thread but just quit.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 55
Jarmo.Is.God
September 5, 2014, 12:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
why a massive debate ?

change the shop for hannah, and put toto in middle for boyce, and bignot at RB.

no arguments needed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team For Welling

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.