September 2, 2014, 10:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from BottesfordMariner

CB Pearson, Nsiala, Doig, Humble

Will PH want to bring someone else in? I would think not unless we get injuries/suspensions.

I'm pretty sure that Magnay has stated that centre-half is his preferred position. He played pretty well there (against some big, strong forwards) in the pre-season game against Mansfield. If he is going to be able to cover that position, the question is whether the reserve full-backs we have are good enough to cover at left-back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
Southernboy
September 2, 2014, 11:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +111
Shame as I think Boyce is a good player for us. Nsiala is a CB and will be fine there I imagine but we do need a RB who is a RB. Toto didn't look comfortable going forward on the wings
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
September 2, 2014, 11:56am
Guest User
First choice for me:

Magnay (RB) Nsalia (CB) Pearson (CB) Thomas (LB)

We have three players who can play right back (Magnay, Walker Bignot) four centre backs (Magnay, Pearson, Doig, Nsalia), and two left backs (Magnay, Thomas) so as far as I can see, unless we have a major disaster we are adequately covered for defenders. In fact, we have a great defence and a top keeper behind them. Boyce did well but his return to the filth means our own players can progress. There is such a thing as too much competition.

No worries, we'll be fine.
Reply: 22 - 42
denni266
September 2, 2014, 12:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
Good player , but as stated he is not our player and we should be giving our players a chance to step in and win a place.
Cant say i am in favour of any team taking loan players  as some teams have 3/4 loans on the pitch at times, so you are not realy playing   ( their team )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
Rick12
September 2, 2014, 12:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Grimal
Sorry to see him go back to Scunny,It's a good job we have cover in that department. Would be nice to see him here again soon but on a permanent move. He's been an excellent loan signing on both his stints at our club.
Yes a decent player and shame he's gone.Hopefully will give us another go if the opportunity arises

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
Cumbrian Mariner
September 2, 2014, 12:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +304
Shame about that, would like to have seen him signed permenantly as he is a good defender and appears to have fitted in with the team well.

Thanks and good luck Boycey!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
brad_gtfc
September 2, 2014, 12:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Good player, but blessing in disguise? Gives Toto and Pearson a chance to develop a proper partnership as long term I think they are the 2 Hurst wants in there as Boyce would've gone back eventually.
When everyone is fit I'd go;
Magnay   Pearson   Toto    Thomas
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
Abdul19
September 2, 2014, 1:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Wouldn't be surprised to see him back at some point (in a month when Pearson and Nsiala are both suspended for the same game and he's 5th choice at Scunny again!)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
itsnotcoditshaddock
September 2, 2014, 1:09pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Bet he's back in January.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
ginnywings
September 2, 2014, 1:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from 75
First choice for me:

Magnay (RB) Nsalia (CB) Pearson (CB) Thomas (LB)

We have three players who can play right back (Magnay, Walker Bignot) four centre backs (Magnay, Pearson, Doig, Nsalia), and two left backs (Magnay, Thomas) so as far as I can see, unless we have a major disaster we are adequately covered for defenders. In fact, we have a great defence and a top keeper behind them. Boyce did well but his return to the filth means our own players can progress. There is such a thing as too much competition.

No worries, we'll be fine.

Agreed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Andrew Boyce

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.