Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Welling.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 202 Guests

Welling.

This thread currently has 1,877 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
September 2, 2014, 10:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Or perhaps, as a whacky alternative, let's try to show our opponents the respect they deserve - they are in this league because they were good enough to win promotion and then finish comfortably clear of relegation last season. We're in this league because we weren't good enough to avoid relegation and have not been good enough to win promotion since then.

As Welling are one of the 'smaller' and therefore weaker teams in the division, it is a game we should certainly be looking to win but it is childish to think we have some sort of divine right to hammer them. It's amazing how quickly some forget how we used to mock some of the 'Massive' Wednesday fans for their attitude and took great pleasure in taking them down a notch or two on the field of play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
KingstonMariner
September 2, 2014, 12:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from fiveallive

Its not being arrogant if you look at their team its very small there striker has had loads of clubs and i think they will get relegated this season that's just my opinion.

But the point is, how many of their players did you recognise before? Apart from Kiernan Hughes-Mason. No me neither but they still turned us over.

Could say the same about Braintree, from whom we got one of the best left backs in the division.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 2, 2014, 1:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Maringer
Or perhaps, as a whacky alternative, let's try to show our opponents the respect they deserve - they are in this league because they were good enough to win promotion and then finish comfortably clear of relegation last season. We're in this league because we weren't good enough to avoid relegation and have not been good enough to win promotion since then.

As Welling are one of the 'smaller' and therefore weaker teams in the division, it is a game we should certainly be looking to win but it is childish to think we have some sort of divine right to hammer them. It's amazing how quickly some forget how we used to mock some of the 'Massive' Wednesday fans for their attitude and took great pleasure in taking them down a notch or two on the field of play.

Stop being so bloody damn sensible!  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
cmackenzie4
September 2, 2014, 1:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
3 points please! We need to ensure we win our home games and you would hope Welling would be one of them, we are more than capable of winning, (no disrespect to Welling)

We only got 1 point off them last season but with this new team we have i expect 3 points.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
chicaneuk
September 2, 2014, 2:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 5
Welling have managed to get draws out both Woking and Halifax, two teams who are both ahead of us in the table. Clearly not pushovers!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
DocTower
September 2, 2014, 2:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from fiveallive

Its not being arrogant if you look at their team its very small there striker has had loads of clubs and i think they will get relegated this season that's just my opinion.

We are the big fish in this league , we are the team that these " Smaller " sides look for when the fixtures are announced . They are the teams that up their game when they come here .
How many times have we been turned over by these smaller unknown teams . Yes , respect them , but prove that we are better than them. No silly bookings or going to sleep during the game .  Control the game from start to finish , we know we can do it .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
fiveallive
September 2, 2014, 2:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
I started this thread in my opinion that we should be beating Welling no disrespect to them but against Dover and Nuneaton we had to make do now we have a pretty much full strength squad Toto to come into the centre with Paul Walker or Bignot at RB and Rossy Hannah to start up front maybe Arnold on the bench.

Welling haven't made a good start to the season only Harry Beautyman could be a danger for them, i never said we have to score 6 or 7 i just think the more we score the more goal difference comes into it i would settle for 1-0.

We have a big improvement in the midfield this season seem to play with high tempo Brown and Paddy seems to work and we don't get bosses around in midfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
fiveallive
September 2, 2014, 2:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Its not being arrogant if you look at their team its very small.

I never meant Welling as a club as being small. I meant there squad they have a small squad for this league that's why i think there going to struggle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Grimal
September 2, 2014, 10:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from KingstonMariner

But the point is, how many of their players did you recognise before? Apart from Kiernan Hughes-Mason. No me neither but they still turned us over.

[/b]Could say the same about Braintree, from whom we got one of the best left backs in the division.
[b]

I didn't realize we got Fyfield from Braintree.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
September 2, 2014, 11:52pm
Guest User
Wonder if Welling will come to shut up shop ? (yes I know he's not playing....  )

Must say we're not exactly blessed with 1000's of options are we ?
No Boyce, no Aswad, no LJL.
Bit worried about cover front and back too.

Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle but leaning towards it won't be a walkover.

Plus there's a little game on Tuesday against some other team too.
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Welling.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.