Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Do we need reinforcements?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 308 Guests

Do we need reinforcements?

This thread currently has 458 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
oldun
August 31, 2014, 7:03pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Just wondered if folks think we need any extra players. If so what type of player do you think would improve the squad further? For me depends if Arnold stays. Another target man would be useful. Apart from that I am happy we have the squad to do the business.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Garth
August 31, 2014, 7:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Whether Arnold stays or not we need another big striker, Pitman is a different type of player to LJL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Freemoash88
August 31, 2014, 7:19pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
I started a thread in the week saying that we are apparently in talks with a striker got a good scoring record in the football leagues and supposed to fit the Targetman style.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
mariner tommy
August 31, 2014, 7:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Garth
Whether Arnold stays or not we need another big striker, Pitman is a different type of player to LJL

He's on a season long loan isn't he ?

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
chaos33
August 31, 2014, 7:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Why wouldn't Arnold be staying?

I tend to think we still need a goalscorer.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
August 31, 2014, 7:46pm
Guest User
oldun, may I ask why you think Arnold could (or maybe should ?) possibly go ?
I did read some reports (on here) about him not looking happy.
Not sure whether to believe them, be concerned or just put it down to being out the team.

But while not fully match fit now, thought he was a very good player at Alfreton and showed plenty of promise in the Gainsborough game in pre-season.
Actually thought he would be a key player this season, similar to Neilson !

Perhaps he is better as winger but depending on his whole situation, would certainly consider him good forward/striking backup with LJL unavailable for the Welling game.
After all, except for Bemrose who else is there ?... (Neilson up front ?)

Without wanting to be oversimplistic, do we need another target man (or someone who can hold the ball up) for 1 game (or more) if we're keeping it on the deck ?
Well perhaps we do because a "hold up" man (e.g. even a Tony Rees) can often help feed in others.
But if Welling decide to "park the bus", perhaps the way to unlock them is through camping round their box with more effective possession and passing or just getting wingers down the flanks to put balls in.

Obviously not saying the addition of an extra striker wouldn't help at all...
Reply: 5 - 7
August 31, 2014, 7:58pm
Guest User
BTW oldun apologies too, just read your comments in the "Nathan Arnold" thread...
Reply: 6 - 7
August 31, 2014, 8:04pm
Guest User
I am expecting Arnold to be back next Saturday. There was an outside chance that he could have played yesterday but Paul Hurst probably didn't see the need in rushing him back and potentially causing him another injury.

I don't think we are desperate for any signings. The loan window re-opens in two weeks so we are not desperate.
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Do we need reinforcements?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.